New Tesla roadster does 0 to 100 in 4.2 sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tesla roadster does 0 to 100 in 4.2 sec

The Tesla Roadster, unexpectedly, is back. The specs that Tesla are claiming verge on the unbelievable. Top speed of 250+ MPH. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Range of 620 miles.

The Tesla Roadster, unexpectedly, is back. The specs that Tesla are claiming verge on the unbelievable. Top speed of 250+ MPH. 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. Range of 620 miles.

Not sure if I like the looks but damn thats fast

Rip ice

Comment

That thing is sexy. I want one.

Comment

I doubt the 620 mile range claim; the rest is plausible but what else do you expect from a 2 million dollar super car?
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 11-17-2017, 08:44 AM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          I doubt the 620 mile ranger claim; the rest is plausible but what else do you expect from a 2 million dollar super car?
          Your number is way off

Base Specs
          Acceleration 0-60 mph1.9 sec
          Acceleration 0-100 mph4.2 sec
          Acceleration 1/4 mile 8.8 sec
          Top SpeedOver 250 mph
          Wheel Torque 10,000 Nm
          Mile Range 620 miles
          Seating 4
          DriveAll-Wheel Drive
          Base Price$200,000
          Base Reservation$50,000
          Founders Series Price$250,000
          Founders Series Reservation
          (1,000 reservations available)$250,000

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            Your number is way off

Base Specs
            Acceleration 0-60 mph1.9 sec
            Acceleration 0-100 mph4.2 sec
            Acceleration 1/4 mile 8.8 sec
            Top SpeedOver 250 mph
            Wheel Torque 10,000 Nm
            Mile Range 620 miles
            Seating 4
            DriveAll-Wheel Drive
            Base Price$200,000
            Base Reservation$50,000
            Founders Series Price$250,000
            Founders Series Reservation
            (1,000 reservations available)$250,000
            I was talking about what the car cost to make; not what it sells for. If anything my number is probably too low.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Que all the old guys who are skeered.
              WH

Comment

620 miles, on what roads/speeds?

I would like to see the true cost of these cars with how much Tesla is subsidized

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                  I would like to see the true cost of these cars with how much Tesla is subsidized
                  Considering how it cost Ford a billion dollars to make the first Taurus from an idea to an actual car and that was 30 something years ago and it was considered super cheap back then I bet Tesla has at least 2 million in each of the 1000 of these they are going to build.

I wonder how long Tesla is going to be able to operate in the red before their backers pull out? My bet is that the big manufactures will start making electric cars that they make a profit on or at least break even on and that will be the end of Tesla. Blackberry comes to mind when I think of Tesla.

Did y'all know that Toyota has lost money on every Prius that they have sold? The Prius program is billions in the red.

Comment

At some point, the American Taxpayer has to stop funding the Musk junket.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      At some point, the American Taxpayer has to stop funding the Musk junket.
                      Most of Tesla's money comes from silicon valley dreamers who will sink 10s of billions of their own money into the project just to be part of the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                        Considering how it cost Ford a billion dollars to make the first Taurus from an idea to an actual car and that was 30 something years ago and it was considered super cheap back then I bet Tesla has at least 2 million in each of the 1000 of these they are going to build.

I wonder how long Tesla is going to be able to operate in the red before their backers pull out? My bet is that the big manufactures will start making electric cars that they make a profit on or at least break even on and that will be the end of Tesla. Blackberry comes to mind when I think of Tesla.

Did y'all know that Toyota has lost money on every Prius that they have sold? The Prius program is billions in the red.
                        I don't think comparing this to a mass market sedan made 30 years ago is valid.

A better comparison would be something like the Lexus LFA. Limited production halo car that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. Lexus lost money on each LFA to the tune of hundreds of thousands, not millions of dollars. Couple this with the modular nature of the Tesla architecture and I'm willing to bet there's quite a bit of cost savings there. I agree they'll lose money on them, but not nearly to the tune of 2mm.

Comment

Ok, and apparently the roadster skips "Ludicrous" mode and goes right to "Plaid".

Yes, really:

After Tesla debuted its new Roadster last night, it gave a few folks a test ride to show off “Plaid,” the “beyond ludicrous” launch mode that is said to help rocket the car to 60 mph in under two seconds. Here’s a look at it in action. In the video, the driver actually blows right past 60 mph and hits 81 in what seems…

Comment

But will it survive a lap of the Nurburgring without going into limp dick mode? Two?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                              I don't think comparing this to a mass market sedan made 30 years ago is valid.

A better comparison would be something like the Lexus LFA. Limited production halo car that costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. Lexus lost money on each LFA to the tune of hundreds of thousands, not millions of dollars. Couple this with the modular nature of the Tesla architecture and I'm willing to bet there's quite a bit of cost savings there. I agree they'll lose money on them, but not nearly to the tune of 2mm.
                              I suspect that you may be correct. I know the technology Tesla uses but not their construction techniques.

Comment

Working...
                              X