New Tesla roadster does 0 to 100 in 4.2 sec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
    Every time Tesla comes up too. I don’t get the hate.
    I don't either. Why? Because it doesn't make cool vroom vroom sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      0:46 for an acceleration clip, quiet and quick. He's not very well spoken, but you can't argue the car's stats. IMO he's a brilliant business man, and we aren't talking about a GM style bailout here, investors at least will have financed the development of cutting-edge battery technology.
      There is nothing cutting edge about the batteries in a Tesla. They are the same type of 18650 cells that I have been using every single day for the past 11 years. In fact the cells that I have in my pocket are superior in every way to the cells that Tesla uses in their cars battery packs.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I love the video, The reactions remind me of Apple of yesteryear The lack of polish makes it feel more real
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

There a re a few reasons for it. First and foremost the technology is grossly overstated by musk and his rabid fanbase.

The fan base is the next reason. Anything that has rabid fans like Tesla is going to bring in hate whether it's the Dallas cowboys or Apple. Except Tesla doesn't come close to delivering what they claim.

And lastly...youve got a company with a market value almost as high as GM, but with only 4% of their revenue. They've never been a profitable company. But that rabid fan base is just obnoxious about it...especially anytime Musk introduces a new product that will be delivered late and unprofitable. It's unsustainable and there is nothing wrong with speaking negatively about a bubble like this.

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
          Has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Comment

Also I'm pissed off because I wanted a roadster before I saw it was going to be 200K.

Comment

I guess Im old, I have 0 interest in electric cars no matter how fast they are. I want to hear the rumble of a v8 motor. I want to hear the supercharger/turbo whine...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                I guess Im old, I have 0 interest in electric cars no matter how fast they are. I want to hear the rumble of a v8 motor. I want to hear the supercharger/turbo whine...
                I stand corrected. To some people it is about the vroom vroom

Comment

That was the reason for my skeered comment lol. Knew it was coming.

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                  That is probably most of it. Even if electric cars do eventually take over, its not like the gas engine is going anywhere for at least 30-40 years.

I don't get the hate on tax credits either. Forget electric cars, have them expand $7500 tax credits to all kinds of things. Anything that takes money out of the hands of the absurdly, obscenely wasteful government is a good thing in my book. They need to learn to do more on a lot less. Unless they've been raising taxes somewhere else to cover this minor loss. And I'd need to see evidence that they raised it specifically to cover this loss, as raising taxes is something they'd do anyway.
                  WH

Comment

I like that sound of a v8 as well, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hate on a vehicle that is as fast a a Dodge Demon without the use of petrol engine.

Edit: Wow, I just realized this thing runs in the 8's, not 9s....

Comment

Because Tesla is the only thing more overhyped than Hillary, lavar ball or marriage. Take your pick. No one likes shit that promises orgasmic trips to Mars, endless groupies, bling, bling, and then overheats and goes into limp dick mode after a lap at VIR.

We've all done. We've all made a purchase on an overhyped item just to be let down. Cabbage head doll, tickle me Elmo, any Nintendo, fallout 3, the 96 Mustang GT, why do it again?

I bought a 97 Cobra new. It delivered on some of the hype, but it had a 4x4 suspension, a shitty shifter, cost way too much and was a lot slower than a 98 f car.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money and go crazy at the Nurburgring, a Tesla won't make my top 10.

Comment

Let's put it another way, all that money and tech, and in any race over 100 miles, I'd put money on my old ass tech 91 ZR-1. 600 mile range.... not over 50 mph. ZR-1 all day.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post

If I'm going to spend that kind of money and go crazy at the Nurburgring, a Tesla won't make my top 10.
                          You don't need to spend much to have a killer track car. Drop 40k total on a used Porsche Cayman and the mods for track use and go to town.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The new Acura nsx has a super charged v6 with 3 electric motors and the Koenigsegg Reegera has a tt v8 with 3 electric motors. That Koenigsegg is also the same one that broke speed record that was posted a couple of weeks ago

Learn to love the hybrid. The ICE cant be the torque of electric except at top speed (for now)

Comment

I don't hate the electric cars, just no interest.

Comment

I don't hate the electric cars, just no interest.
                                Nothing wrong with that. I think everyone here will miss ICEs in general when they are finally put out to pasture, but the same was probably said by people that loved horse and buggy transportation when the car started pushing that to the side.

Comment

Working...
                                X