P0300 (06 Dakota)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0300 (06 Dakota)

Code came on recently and sometimes runs a little rough at low rpm’s.. I changed the plugs last year and cam position sensor.. it’s occasionally hard to start (takes 2-3 times).. what would you guys check first?
    "PSH!!!"

did you do wires too?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      did you do wires too?
      No, and I thought about that too.. but the code is for multiple cylinder misfires. Not saying more than 1 coil pack couldn’t go bad at the same time, but wouldn’t that be pretty unlikely? Please correct me if I’m wrong
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

What engine?

Comment

"PSH!!!"

Comment

I'm not familiar with Dakota's but I use to have an 03 Altima that the coil packs started failing. I'd replace one and a few months later another failed until I had replaced all for of them so it's likely but probably not all at once. Also, the Nissan would give a code relating to a specific cylinder when a coil pack was going out. If Dodge does the same thing, then I'd rule out a coil pack.

On another note, I'd look at a vac leak or fuel pressure

Comment

I would start with checking fuel pressure, it should have roughly 58 psi +-.. If there isnt a specific cylinder along with the p0300 then your not dealing with a bad coil. From there check for vacuum leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                I would start with checking fuel pressure, it should have roughly 58 psi +-.. If there isnt a specific cylinder along with the p0300 then your not dealing with a bad coil. From there check for vacuum leaks.
                [x] this.

Comment

Working...
                X