Microsquirt Tuning Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsquirt Tuning Help

I feel like I'm just going in circles with my Microsquirt / Tunerstudio setup. Do we have anyone that knows the ins and outs of this? Trying to get idle setup correctly.

Ive got my spark and fuel table flattened out in the idle areas while I try to work this out, and will smooth it once I'm certain it's idling properly.

Here is my latest log, and tune.

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13O...ty5ICFspn_3orB

Tune: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yS...nez0gzl_88shUG

Car is an 87GT, V3 @ 10psi, AFR185's, Systemax 2, E cam, 4r70w, 42lb Bosch Green Giants
    Last edited by danielhv; 09-06-2018, 07:40 AM.

I've got a Megasquirt in my car and I'm not really an expert but I've gotten tons of help from the guys on the stangnet forum in this thread.

Seems to be quite a few people now with MS powered cars, so instead of burying things obscurely in our build threads, it may be easier to have this thread as a reference for anyone thinking about using a MS product and Tuner Studio. I'll keep my MS related questions and findings in here and...
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Microsoft can be a pita to idle as it has no idle control.really.

Ms3 is much better. Some cars need to run fatt at idle so they don't hunt as much. Usually timing starts wildly swinging and it swings rich and lean. Gotta pick your poison and rich is easier to.me

Comment

Talk to Nick Grabbs, thats all he messes with I believe.

Comment

*edit* just seen where you have an e303 cam......idle can be a little difficult to sort out on those cams, even as small as the are.. takes a little finess if you got alot of camshaft and no vacuum, dirty reversion, ect.

Monitor the iac counts to see how hard it is working or fighting at idle rpm. if you can get it to warm up, disconnect iac, and if it does not idle, you need to open the TB screw.

force open loop at idle rpm. closed loop cant correct very well, if vacuum is low at idle, or choppy pulses, it chases the a/f around back and forth and the correction gets all fucked up, if the IAC is swinging hard, and that could be cause by an idle air situation as mentioned above.
          Last edited by JETFAST; 09-13-2018, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X