NFL puts the Guillotine to Saints for Bountygate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
    Holy shit! Who's going to run the team they suspended everyone, I guess we'll see the equipment manager calling plays on the sideline.
    I heard they were contract talks with Bobby Boucher.

Comment

Pack up the team for a season and see how that works....might as well go on an extended vacation...fuck em!

Comment

Does anyone really believe that they are the only team....please

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
          I guarantee you there aren't any out there doing it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
            Nope. They are just the ones that got caught.

This program is going to suck for a few years, IMO. This is as close to the "Death Penalty" as the NFL has ever done.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Nope. They are just the ones that got caught.

This program is going to suck for a few years, IMO. This is as close to the "Death Penalty" as the NFL has ever done.
              yea I was thinking along the same lines. No one is going to want to hire Gregg Williams after this. I doubt he will still be with the Rams organization after his suspension is done.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Sucks for them cheaters, I would strip them of the SB titile too.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Ouch. That is going to hurt a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    Sucks for them cheaters, I would strip them of the SB titile too.
                    oh I didnt think of that, hmm cause you can make a case that if it wasn't for the bounty gate would they have won it.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      oh I didnt think of that, hmm cause you can make a case that if it wasn't for the bounty gate would they have won it.
                      Not going to happen.

Comment

IIRC that was the year that they knocked out Kurt Warner on that blindside cheapshot. And Favre as well, they broke his ankle and were bringing down the hammer on his poor old ass.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

From Pro Football Talk

Sean Payton stunned by suspension: “I’m not OK”

Saints coach Sean Payton was shocked to find out today that he has been banished from the NFL for the entire 2012 season for his team’s bounty scandal.

Jay Glazer said on NFL Network that he interviewed Payton immediately after the news came down, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s punishment is far more severe than Payton was expecting.

“I did talk to him and he’s stunned to say the least,” Glazer said. “I think the entire team thought maybe there’d be a four-game suspension, but not a year. I said, ‘Are you OK?’ And he said, ‘No, I’m not OK.’ He is stunned. He’s going to lose about $8 million. He is beside himself here.”

Glazer reports that Payton’s plan for the four-game suspension he had braced himself for was to have assistant head coach/linebackers coach Joe Vitt take over as interim head coach while Payton served the suspension. But that plan is now out the window because Vitt has been suspended six games for his own role in the bounty scandal.

The Saints may now have either offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael or former Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo, who was slated to replace Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator, step in as the head coach.

Dude I dont feel sorry for you, you knew about this and you did nothing about it
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            IIRC that was the year that they knocked out Kurt Warner on that blindside cheapshot. And Favre as well, they broke his ankle and were bringing down the hammer on his poor old ass.
                            it was that year
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

What?! The Saints players were being rewarded for hitting players during a football game!?! No fucking way!!! Cheaters!! Filthy, no good, violent cheaters!!!

This is fucking rediculous, who put these pussy fucks in charge of the NFL? Suspend the coach for an entire season for encouraging his players to play hard. This entire situation was already blown WAY out of proportion, and now this huge over-reaction of a punishment. The Pats didn't even get in this much trouble for Spygate, and they actually WERE cheating. Who fucking cares if the players had extra insentives for putting big hits on players. That's the damn game, that's why they get payed millions of dollars. You might get hurt playing football, if you don't like it, find a different fucking profession. I'm not even a Saints fan, and this pisses me off to no end.

Roger Goodell is destroying football. You can say "Oh, but look how good the NFL is doing.", but it has nothing to do with him. The NFL was well on it's way to what it is long before this piece of shit got a hold of it. Having a little girl running the NFL will destroy this league before it takes it any higher.
                              .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                                Roger Goodell is destroying football. You can say "Oh, but look how good the NFL is doing.", but it has nothing to do with him. The NFL was well on it's way to what it is long before this piece of shit got a hold of it. Having a little girl running the NFL will destroy this league before it takes it any higher.
                                It's not just Goodell. These new rule changes and shit is voted on by the NFLPA. Players are overpaid primadonnas these days. They all want the big pay day, the fame, and the glory; without all the risk. The NFLPA pushes for change, they get it, then Goodell takes all the blame.

Comment

Working...
                                X