The Wolf of Wall Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wolf of Wall Street

Another Scorsese and DiCaprio collaboration based off a true story. Looks pretty fun. DiCaprio looks like he is having a blast.

The book was pretty badly written but the story is compelling. I have a feeling the movie will be better.

Comment

Funny quote from a user on the IMDB message board. lol

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.

I've encountered Belfort before and he's a complete psychopath
      image for user rbd_1
      by
      rbd_1
      ยป Sun Aug 25 2013 03:46:05 Flag ▼ | Reply
      IMDb member since September 2005
      I just saw the trailer for this movie today and laughed for quite some time. I've had a minor run-in with Belfort before and he came across like a complete dickhead and I just knew I needed to share this experience here.

I'll try to cut out the boring details but so you have context; back in 2011, I used to work for a food delivery service (at this point, just a start-up company) as a call centre rep. Some guy called Jordan Belfort ordered some nacho's but gave us a dud phone number so we couldn't find him. Ergo, we didn't process his order. I hadn't heard of him before, so thought nothing of it.

An hour later, I get a call from an incredibly angry American guy asking about his nachos. I explained the situation and he yelled his head off at me (honestly, this is almost perfectly verbatim):

"THIS IS NOT HOW YOU TREAT PEOPLE! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM??"

"Sir, I apologise for the situation, but what has happened is - "

"I DON'T CARE. THIS IS INJUSTICE! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? JORDAN BELFORT. EVER HEARD OF HIM??"

"Honestly, no. I can't say I have..."

"LOOK ME UP ON GOOGLE. TYPE IN 'WOLF OF WALL STREET'. I'M A BIG DEAL (I kid you not, Ron Burgandy style). I'VE WRITTEN A BOOK! THEY'RE GOING TO MAKE A FREAKING MOVIE ABOUT ME!"

I did just that, and got a bit of background. My impressions included a mixture of 'wow, this guy's famous. Cool' and 'oh crap, he's been in prison. I hope I don't get a horse's head in my bed'.

"YOU CAN'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS! I WANT MY NACHOS"

"Sir, I understand your frustration, but your number wasn't correct. Now we have it, we can fix the prob - "

"MY NUMBER WAS FINE. I'VE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!"

"Well, the internet suggests that you may have at some point..."

"I'M LOOKING UP YOUR S##TTY WEBSITE ON FACEBOOK. I HAVE TWICE AS MANY FOLLOWERS AS YOU DO. IF I DON'T GET MY NACHOS IN 30 MINUTES, I'M GOING TO SLAM YOU ONLINE AND DESTROY YOUR REPUTATION. I'LL DO IT, MAN!"

In the end, after running past my boss, we sorted the whole situation out, but the guy is now considered a complete joke at the company now and everyone can't wait to see if this scene is featured after the credits when it comes out to cinemas.

Sorry if this seems like a celebrity-brag, I have no delusions that this isn't particularly amazing. But still, pretty freaking funny to me.

Comment

lmao!

Comment

Just saw the preview on TV. I want to see this now.

Comment

Just watched it. It's a good flick. Not a boring moment. It's full of naked people, a fair bit of sex, and drugs, even a Lamborghini Countach.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

saw it probably best movie that he was in imo even my chick liked it

Comment

I liked it, in-laws got up and left 30 minutes in though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  I liked it, in-laws got up and left 30 minutes in though. lol
                  Why did they leave?

Comment

I liked it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Why did they leave?
                      *spoiler alert*

I think the broad getting double-teamed on the desk was what did it. They were prepared for some sexual scenes but it was pretty rough for the first 30 minutes or so. It got marginally better as the movie went on, but it was too much for them. I'm sure they would have been ok with it if their son and daughter weren't watching it with them. Luckily they walked out right before the gay orgy scene.

Comment

Reminds me of when I went to see Fight Club and a couple in their late 70's were in there. She kept asking what it was about and he said he thought it was a Kung Fu film. The office scene pretty much did it for them.

Comment

I've heard it's very raunchy - almost got stuck with an NC17 if I remember correctly.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

If there were a case for a rating between NC17 and R, this would be the film. I didn't get that feeling from the few previews I watched though. Apparently the theater manager stopped them on their way out and asked them if everything was ok and when they told them why they were leaving he told them that it has been happening more than they thought it would and that they were probably going to post "warning" signs. Bear in mind that this was in College Station while school is out sooooo.

The manager also gave them their money back.

Comment

Lol this movie is fucked.

The scene where he goes to the country club to use the pay phone and the massive dose of quaaludes hits him... then has to get back in his Countach and drive home. Holy hell, I damn near died laughing.

"I skipped the drooling stage and discovered a brand new one - the cerebral palsy stage." LMFAO

Comment

Working...
                              X