Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Trying to figure out where this fits in the Jack Ryan storyline; before Patriot Games? I stopped reading the books after Rainbow Six, but it doesn't look like this is based off one of Clancy's books.

Looks interesting and also odd that it doesn't follow any of the books. Guess they figured they've been straying from the story lines in his books for so long now why even bother going by any of them anymore. I'll probably still see it though.

Comment

I think its after Patroit Games and before Red Rabbit. "Fresh stuff"

Still wish they would make Without Remorse. John T. Kelly for the win!!! BUT not screw it up like Sum of All Fears.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

They really fucked Sum of All Fears up bad. To me it was his best book.

Comment

4 minute clip at link:
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Trying to figure out where this fits in the Jack Ryan storyline
            Its a reboot so it doesnt fit into the old timeline

Comment

So anybody catch this yet? I saw it this morning, first showing. I didn't want to splurge on an IMAX viewing but it was worth the $6.50 I paid. As mentioned before, it doesn't follow any of the books and it has it's own timeline that doesn't seem to correlate with any of the other movies. It is a reboot, something that Chris Pine is all to familiar with considering he's on the Star Trek reboot. I thought it was entertaining and not to over the top.

Comment

We saw this yesterday afternoon. I really liked it. Not too far-fetched, and gave us some biographical background on Ryan. I also noticed a slight resemblance between his love interest and Ann Archer (Ford's wife when he played Ryan). Kevin Costner played a good part, too.

Comment

Eh... I didn't see the resemblance so it must be really slight I enjoyed the movie enough that I hope this reboot goes somewhere now and I wouldn't exactly hate it if they are not based on books so I won't be as disappointed with how closely the story follows it. Although I would still like to see Without Remorse made into a movie.

Comment

I liked it. Overall it was pretty forgettable, the only thing I thought was really cool was the ending with the van. Other than that, it was like a paint by numbers of other spy movies with the name Jack Ryan thrown in the mix. Like I said though, I still found it entertaining.

Comment

Boring and predictable.

Comment

I liked it. Overall it was pretty forgettable, the only thing I thought was really cool was the ending with the van. Other than that, it was like a paint by numbers of other spy movies with the name Jack Ryan thrown in the mix. Like I said though, I still found it entertaining.
                        Is it worth buying or is it a one and done flick? I want to like this as I am liking chris pine as an actor.
                        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it. But I am a huge fan of Jack Ryan from the books.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
                            Is it worth buying or is it a one and done flick? I want to like this as I am liking chris pine as an actor.

IMO, one and done.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              I enjoyed it. But I am a huge fan of Jack Ryan from the books.
                              Same here.

IMO, one and done.
                              Agreed. It's definitely no Hunt for Red October or Clear and Present Danger.

Comment

Working...
                              X