Charlie Strong to Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Strong to Texas?

Numerous sources reporting Charlie Strong will be the next coach of the Longhorns. Here ya go, juiceweezl:

Get the most current sports news, GIFs, photos and rumours from The Big Lead, always racking up the top sports news headlines.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Charlie Strong to Texas?

ESPN's ticker just said he hasn't accepted the job yet.

EDIT: now it's saying it's likely he'll accept.
    Last edited by SVT Lurch; 01-03-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Orangebloods is rolling with him being next coach.

Comment

1 of 4 candidates. Lol!
        sigpic

Comment

Coop saying it's been offered and he'll accept.
          Last edited by slow99; 01-04-2014, 12:09 AM.
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

I like it. No question he turned around Louisville after a few down years after that fucktard Petrino left the program.

Of course Jimbo would have been a monumental hire but I think its a longshot to pluck the HC from the probable NC.

Comment

ESPN says it's confirmed. We'll see how it goes.
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Now they are saying it is not confirmed, damn I didn't think I would need this much popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Numerous sources reporting Charlie Strong will be the next coach of the Longhorns. Here ya go, juiceweezl:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/01/03/cha...sports-report/
                  Still waiting to see if he accepts. I find it comical that they tried to pick others ahead of him and would laugh if he says no after all. Strong is the hire they need though out of everyone they 'named.'

Comment

It's official, he'll be UT's next HC.

Comment

Just scrolled across the bottom on ESPN that Strong was the only coach offered the job. Take that for what it's worth

Comment

He's no Saban, Harbaugh, Tomlin, or Gruden but I guess he'll do. lmfao

So how excited is "longhorn nation" about this hire? I hope he likes being tossed around by all that big money and pressure down in Austin.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          He's no Saban, Harbaugh, Tomlin, or Gruden but I guess he'll do. lmfao

So how excited is "longhorn nation" about this hire? I hope he likes being tossed around by all that big money and pressure down in Austin.

I'd only want the first two you mentioned. The other two have been away from coaching college too long for me.

Comment

Press conference starting now.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Press conference starting now.
                              One interesting comment I heard from one of the ESPN gurus on Mike & Mike this morning was about how the Big 12 offenses are different.

Basically, he mentioned that Tuberville was at Auburn, spent time at big schools, etc. and then got to Tech and was stunned by how much different the offenses are in the Big 12 -- lots of quality QB's, no TE's, no FB's, etc. He never adjusted. He didn't say good or bad about Strong in that regard -- just that it was going to be different than anything he's dealt with thus far in his career. It'll be something to watch for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X