Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdun View Post
    Redline can't reopen quick enough
    You mean the speed shop that would put the parts on your car by day, and come to your house and rip them off by night?
    WH

Comment

i think we have an intruder who doesnt have a damn clue about the dallas racing scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
        i think we have an intruder who doesnt give a damn about the dallas racing scene.
        ftfy. I don't live in dallas. And kennedale isn't in dallas, its in kennedale. If you coulda got one more wrong, that would have been extra points for a combo.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
          Hearing DR Horton bought the land
          This really blows if true.

Comment

All I've heard is that they bought land for an old folks home right by the track. Rumors of this track shutting down every single year. I'll believe when they post it.

And X2 on redline!
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Gone ??

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                Gone ??
                Not for a couple weeks supposedly. There's an event there I'm going to Sunday and I'll verify if what I've heard about a sign out front that's says closing October 15 ( if I remember the date correctly)
                Originally posted by soap
                i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

Fuck .. the cocksuckers win again

Comment

The sign that says track closing is down the street from the track on someone else's property that is trying to sell. The lady at the gate says it's not closing next week which is what the sign says. So who knows for sure.
                    Originally posted by soap
                    i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

I heard this is the last month its open
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

They're still racing right now.

At the Oct 1 bracket race they announced they are adding another bracket race on Oct 22 that will count towards 2017 points that way if it is closed they can send a team to the ET finals in 2017. From what I know, its in the lawyers hands now.
                        3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
                        www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
                        Mothers Polish and Waxes
                        Mickey Thompson Tires
                        Champion Racing Oils
                        MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

Comment

I really hope that they do not close their doors. I have some great memories out there dating back to the late 80's up until around 2005-06. It is one of my favorite tracks. I remember many Friday nights racing at Texas Raceway until midnight then heading out to Astro to name a few until sun up.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Most Wanted Red Gt View Post
                            I really hope that they do not close their doors. I have some great memories out there dating back to the late 80's up until around 2005-06. It is one of my favorite tracks. I remember many Friday nights racing at Texas Raceway until midnight then heading out to Astro to name a few until sun up.
                            I bet that user name is annoying a fuck to type in when you come here.

Comment

Probably would be, if browsers didn't store usernames and passwords for you.
                              WH

Comment

Texas Raceway will eventually shutter its doors. City has plans for it to be housing community with shopping. Turning it into a mini Mansfield. Tarrant County College has also bought land near there...likely to be a campus. Already bigger sewage lines are being installed west of the track to accommodate the housing. Kennedale Speedway will more than likely close also. Old Cowtown already rezoned.

However it will take time for all the pieces to come together maybe a year or two. However look at Texas World Speedway. It was suppose to be bulldozed summer of 2015 and still running into next year.

Enjoy Texas Raceway while its there. Otherwise its a trek to North Star for all the southern DFW folk.
                                Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Working...
                                X