Refrigerators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The King View Post
    Samsung w/ French doors & bottom freezer section.
    I have a French door Samsung with a flex drawer and the freezer on the bottom. Had it since 2015. No complaints.

Comment

We have a side by side. I hate it. The doors are too narrow to reach stuff in the back and the freezer side is no different. My next one will have the freezer on the bottom with the double fridge doors. I'm not a fan of the freezer on the bottom but since I'm in the fridge more than the freezer, it'll be a trade off. I've seen some like this at friends houses and it's much nicer.

Comment

I like mine, it keeps my beer cold
        17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

Comment

We have two Samsung side by side fridges... both have had major issues with ice maker/dispenser operation multiple times.

Finally have 'em both working now and holding our breath trying to run out the clock on both of 'em.

mardyn

Comment

We didn't get a through-the-door ice dispenser on ours and so far the ice maker is working fine. About every six months a change reminder indicates the water filter needs to be replaced.

Comment

Don't get jluv started on LG ice cubes ...
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Not much help on any newer ones. I still have a Whirlpool Gold side by side(large at time) that is still kicking ass. Only thing that went out is what looks like the ckt board that controls the interior lights on the refrigerator side. Freezer side works. Other than that, if Whirlpool still makes quality ones like this, I would get again.

Build date: 10/2004

Bought from Henry's friend back in 09'

Comment

From my understanding Whirlpool and Frigidaire are still owned by American companies but have assembly plants in Mexico for some of their stuff.
                  LG, Samsung are made over seas and have to be imported and are very hard to get parts for if they break down. This was from my buddy of mine who is the GM at a Lowes here locally.
                  So, since I try to buy American, the Frigidaire fridge and Washer/Dryer (Whirlpool bought in '13) that I have bought have worked fine for mewith no issues.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Don't get jluv started on LG ice cubes ...
                    I’d like to hear this! What is it about the cubes?

More than one person has said LG ice makers suck balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I’d like to hear this! What is it about the cubes?

More than one person has said LG ice makers suck balls.
                      From a thread in July of 2015 on refrigerators:

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                      My in-laws have that same fridge (or at least one that looks identical) and I fucking hate it. The ice cubes it makes are tiny, like 1/3 to 1/2 the size of a respectable ice cube, so they melt fast. And when it's full, you can get maybe 4-5 average glasses of ice out of it before it's empty. That's a problem when your ice is small and melts fast. We end up going to the store to buy bagged ice often, because we run out. It has a button you can press to cause it to make ice faster, and that seems like an absurd idea to me. Why wouldn't it always make ice as fast as it could? The water dispenser is painfully slow, and it doesn't come out very cold at all. The right side door is designed to where you can open just the outside panel, and that panel has a clear door on the inside of it, which likes to come open at the slightest touch, which is annoying when you don't need it open. It keeps stuff cold and looks neat, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it. I wouldn't own an LG.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

When it comes to home appliances (ranges, ovens, refrigerators), Kitchen Aid is ruling the roost right now. They're about as good as you're going to get without stepping waaaaaaaaay up, which still have their share of shit manufacturing and shit component issues. Frigidaire probably #2.

I have a Kenmore Elite (LG built), and had to replace the compressor at 13 months (not under warranty). I like it, but that's way too soon to have a compressor shit the bed imo.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Samsung w/ French doors & bottom freezer section.
                          This. Mine is 6 or 7 years old and works fine. I absolutely hate the freezer drawer on the bottom. My next one will be a double opening side by side. That is not the technical term!
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            This. Mine is 6 or 7 years old and works fine. I absolutely hate the freezer drawer on the bottom. My next one will be a double opening side by side. That is not the technical term!
                            I'm guessing they're called side by sides. The GE we had before this that the builder installed was one of those, and it had a water/ice dispenser in the door that failed after 3 or 4 years. The coil defroster element failed once under warranty and once again outside of the warranty, and the second time it happened I got the part and replaced it. We had it for 10 years or so and other than those issues it worked fine. I like the room that the Samsung offers in the refrigerator section on the top, and we intentionally bought a model with the freezer drawer on the bottom. We do have to make it a point though to remember what's in there though, so nothing sits neglected underneath other items.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              When it comes to home appliances (ranges, ovens, refrigerators), Kitchen Aid is ruling the roost right now. They're about as good as you're going to get without stepping waaaaaaaaay up, which still have their share of shit manufacturing and shit component issues. Frigidaire probably #2.

I have a Kenmore Elite (LG built), and had to replace the compressor at 13 months (not under warranty). I like it, but that's way too soon to have a compressor shit the bed imo.
                              I kind of hoped you would post up. Kitchen Aid has some god damn nice shit and you can tell by the price.

I’d love to have a killer subzero setup but I’m not going that stupid with this house.

Comment

Kenmore, my model is made by LG, wait for sears to run a sale and you can buy a nice refrigerator cheap

Comment

Working...
                                X