DiRT Rally is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiRT Rally is awesome

It's been about 7 years since there was a really decent rally game released. DiRT rally is definitely one of the best I've played. It's not at all easy or forgiving, but that makes the game so much more rewarding once you get familiar with the controls. Unlike many previous Rally games, this one actually has excellent navigator calls to indicate upcoming turns and road conditions. I took a couple videos showing some game play, and how the navigator calls out the turns. It took me a while to figure out the lingo and the different degrees of turns, but once you do, it's a blast. There's nothing like going 70mph through a forest you've never been in entirely guided by your navigator. If you hit a turn wrong, bump a rock, or hit a ditch the wrong way, you will pay with bent rims, flat tires, missing wheels, coolant leak and overheat, etc. The audio is stunning, as well. That's not something I'm accustomed to as most games just use a single pitch/tone tied to the rev counter. Pick it up if you enjoy a good racing game with solid physics and visuals.

It's uploaded at 2160p60, but will probably take an eternity for YouTube to process/publish it in full 4k 60fps.

This is me fucking up and not hearing the last turn was a "care right two" (heavy bend). Great game, and you can use a force feedback wheel, clutch, and full six speed gearbox. It's pretty cool because if you look at the pedals, the driver does your exact movements.

Same video, outside view. There was some stuttering as I forgot to move my ShadowPlay save directory to my SSD.

Here's a full sim setup, with an actual rally driver at the wheel (this is pretty crazy).
    Last edited by CJ; 12-20-2015, 01:42 AM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

how are the damage physics? If I hit a tree does stuff brake?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      Very good
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        I would probably brake before hitting a tree, I'm sure stuff would break if you don't.

Comment

lawl.

Comment

Working...
          X