Free surveillance NVR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free surveillance NVR?

Two things that have happened around my home has motivated me to install a surveillance camera system. I have a small server with plenty of storage, and I want to use it.

I found this site, iSpy which is an open source video Surveillance software. Anyone familiar with this product, or does anyone recommend something else? https://www.ispyconnect.com/

Well, you know we're going to ask. What happened that made you want to buy this?
    WH

Comment

Most cameras have decent software suites built into them. they can write to a local sd card and/or upload to an FTP, NFS, or CIFS share locally. I would just get some cameras and use their built in functions.

Comment

I use Blue Iris, it was 59.99 for a license

Works great on a VM and saving recordings to a NAS

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Well, you know we're going to ask. What happened that made you want to buy this?
          Lady was mugged in the morning, the victim showed up at my door bloody.
          Friend's ex was creeping around the area, and a neighbor called the cops on a suspicious person.

Comment

I am going to try out the free version of ispy, and if it works well enough I will invest and possibly set it up at my parents place. They are wanting a system as well, and I can get them to buy the pro version, and piggy back off of that.

Comment

jesus christ

Comment

Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  I use Blue Iris, it was 59.99 for a license

Works great on a VM and saving recordings to a NAS
                  Blue Iris is pretty much the best on the low cost side from what I tried. Its worth the $59 for how much customization you get.

Comment

We have talked about some camera too. My wife and step daughter car was gotten into a few nights ago. Of course wife left her car unlocked. Nice neighborhood and would never think of such. But wanting to place in close to the street.

Comment

Blue Iris and the Synology software are the only ones I've had experience with as well, both are pretty good for basic purposes.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well I played around with iSpy. I spent most of the night trying to get the program to run as a service, which for someone who doesn't mess with that much was a pitb. The program saves data within the users profile, so that added to my struggles. I am not sure if it is working correctly, but I moved on to the setting up a camera.

The only camera I have is a webcam on my gaming PC. I installed "iSpy Server", which is a low impact program that runs on the remote machine. The main iSpy program came with the .msi, and it was really easy to setup. I quickly created a schedule and adjusted the motion detection for automatic recording, but I forgot to turn on my pc this morning.

It is crazy how the NVR machine has to have a user logged into it for it to work. Other than that, I like it so far...
                        Last edited by big_tiger; 01-15-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Blue Iris runs as a service

Comment

Time to buy a new house!

Comment

Working...
                            X