Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    its a Chinese counterfeit.

Overseas manufacturers and criminal elements in the U.S. are producing counterfeit holographic sights. Learn how to spot a fake, and why you shouldn't rely on one.

theres a pdf link at the bottom to help id the fake
    From the link. Fakes will not..

Consistently hold or maintain battle zero

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      From the link. Fakes will not..

Consistently hold or maintain battle zero

LOL!
      Saw the interior of one counterfeit (forget where). It's internals were literally, a voltage regulator (light intensity) wired to a 5 cent led that was slip fit into place, it wasnt even hot glued in place. So it didnt hold zero with any shot or strenuous activity. Which is a way different problem then what the 'recall' is addressing

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I'd agree it's a fake, that's what I was about to post. I don't see a qr code.
        So, that's a datamatrix bar code. (QR is quite different). Per wikipedia (I know, I know) datamatrix came about circa 2006 and took some time to become mainstream.

Since this eotech looks to have been made in 2006 I'm hoping it's just an old model, rather than a fake.

Here's to hoping.

Eotech barcode sample

QR barcode

Datamatrix barcode
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Still have to pass the physical exam and get paid but..... Damn that was fast!

Dear Customer,

Your refund request has been received and approved. Please follow the instructions below for returning your optic and obtaining a refund.

Due to Shipping regulations please remove and discard all batteries prior to shipping

MPO and HHS product must include both components

EOTech will add 15.00 return shipping on to your refund amount. We will process your refund request as soon as possible.

Refund Checklist

In order to process your refund we must have included in the return:

1. This email authorization printed and enclosed

2. Your printed Refund Request enclosed

3. Your matching HWS product enclosed

Please Mark and Ship your product to:

EOTECH REFUNDS

1201 E Ellsworth Rd

Ann Arbor MI 48108

(Save your USPS tracking information to serve as proof of arrival while your refund is being processed)

Sincerely, L-3 EOTech

Refund processing can take up to 8-12 weeks, Refund payment updates are available after 3 weeks of receipt of product at the EOTech Refund Center 1-888-952-9092
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Yeah. Once you mail it back you'll get an email saying it's either been accepted or denied. If it's been accepted it'll say something like refund being processed. Then you'll get another email saying return complete and a check will be mailed in 4-6 weeks.

Comment

Thanks David. Put in the mail today. Let the waiting begin.

Comment

Well, fake or not, this is real.

Comment

Look up the routine number online google it it's the lower left 9 numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    Well, fake or not, this is real.
                    Check is a Chinese knock-off!

David

Comment

How long did it take you to get the check?

Comment

Date stamps or on my posts so..... about 2 months and a week? I was on business travel last week, the check shows a date of 9/18, and I finally sorted my piled up mail yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                        X