When getting pulled over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    Once again folks I did not say dig around, I said specifically not to dig around, I said if accessible, but if not DO NOT dig around....
    I'm not trying to argue, but you said you have it ready, well how do you have it ready if you didn't go and retrieve it?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I should have specified if accessible, my wallet sits in cup holder right next to me on top of center console, something like that is what meant. If it's in your butt pocket or door it's best to not have it until officer asks. I should have been more clear when posted. I totally agree with everything is said.
      "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
      http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
      Factory Five MK4 Cobra
      Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
      http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
      www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
      sigpic

Comment

Gotcha.

I have my wallet in my door pocket or cup holder too, but I'm busy trying to find a safe place to pull over and park, along with turning off the car and rolling the windows down. Most all officers are looking to see if your moving around or hiding shit so I don't do anything to give them a reason to search or ask me to get out of the car.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
          And I for the life of me have never been let off with a warning when I've shown my CHL. Must be a white thing
          Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
          Nope, nothing white about it. I've never had it get me out of a ticket either.
          Not a white thing.. I am 3 for 3 with tickets since getting my LTC.. And I don't ride dirty.. Just a little fast.

Well, I did get pulled over up in the middle of nowhere on 287 (between here and Amarillo) on the way back from Colorado and only got a warning. But he only clocked me at 3mph over. Dickhead was on a fishing expedition in the middle of the night until he saw I was white with a family. Said he thought I was going faster through town, but didn't clock me until the limit had raised. Looked like he was about 22.

That one was strange too, in that he didn't pull up behind me. When I pulled over he pulled in front of me. I almost had a seizure staring at his stupid fucking lights in my face.. Like I was going to run in an 05 Suburban pulling a trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Not a white thing.. I am 3 for 3 with tickets since getting my LTC.. And I don't ride dirty.. Just a little fast.

Well, I did get pulled over up in the middle of nowhere on 287 (between here and Amarillo) on the way back from Colorado and only got a warning. But he only clocked me at 3mph over. Dickhead was on a fishing expedition in the middle of the night until he saw I was white with a family. Said he thought I was going faster through town, but didn't clock me until the limit had raised. Looked like he was about 22.

That one was strange too, in that he didn't pull up behind me. When I pulled over he pulled in front of me. I almost had a seizure staring at his stupid fucking lights in my face.. Like I was going to run in an 05 Suburban pulling a trailer...
            I'm about 50/50 on tickets since CHL/LTC. Two tickets were from motorcycle cops, and I'm pretty sure those guys dont know what warnings are.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The couple times I've been pulled over in the last 8 years since getting my CHL the cop didn't even care, just handed it right back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                I'm about 50/50 on tickets since CHL/LTC. Two tickets were from motorcycle cops, and I'm pretty sure those guys dont know what warnings are.
                Yeah, one of mine was a Trooper, one was Irving (Motorcycle), one was Euless.. All were running radar, so I fully expected tickets.

Comment

Yeah, one of mine was a Trooper, one was Irving (Motorcycle), one was Euless.. All were running radar, so I fully expected tickets.
                  I've had bad luck with troopers, only one warning from a trooper and it was for front license plate, and others have been tickets, and I'm a fireman haha. Those guys will ticket their mother.
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Co-worker, not a friend.
                    Correction, then. And even better you don't associate with idiots.

I learned a loooong time ago you don't mess with small-town Texas. They're the worst at pulling you over for stupid stuff. I always go the speed limit, if not slightly slower, when going through any of those towns, especially if I'm not familiar with them.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      I learned a loooong time ago you don't mess with small-town Texas. They're the worst at pulling you over for stupid stuff. I always go the speed limit, if not slightly slower, when going through any of those towns, especially if I'm not familiar with them.
                      they get bored sitting in the car all day. if they're sitting where the sun is shining on them in the summer, it is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Not getting your license or insurance is what Jason is saying below. It's best not to do anything until asked. I do everything you posted except go digging for my license & insurance before he/she gets to the vehicle.

Exactly, I pull over (usually into a side street or business as to not be on the road, IF its near), I roll down both windows*, and put my hands on the steering wheel. Only after they ask for my info do I reach for anything. I've made it a habit of keeping my insurance in my wallet so I don't have to open the glove box and have a cold beer fall out...

*Thanks for the heads up on rolling down the drivers side rear window, I drive my wifes Fusion quite a bit and have never done this.
                        Anytime. Not knowing if some asshole is sitting in the back seat holding a shot gun is reassuring. Plus, the easier you make the stop the better the chance you get a warning. Well unless it's a motor jock. I mean that's their only job function.

Todays digging award ended with some weed, fail to id fugitive, and 7 felony warrants. People are special. I love it when people have a hard time remembering their birthday. Hose draggers always giving bad advise. Go ahead, plant a tree in the center console while I am stopping you!
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                        X