1911 barrel, best one for $100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 barrel, best one for $100?

I recently came in to a 1911 with a threaded barrel in .45. Some bum traded me for some stuff. (Shoots great by the way, thanks bum.)

I'm not a fan of the threaded barrel look. Maybe one day I'll get a can, but no plans right now.

What's the best 5" barrel for $100 or less that I could throw in it?
    sigpic

I think we might be able to work something out. I have a 5" unthreaded barrel, brand new.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If CJ backs out I'll swap you barrels and throw you a 6 pack
      S&W 1911 with ~2000 rds through it.

Comment

Not really looking to swap. I plan on keeping it, just wanted to add a "normal" looking barrel.

CJ, details?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Faganus View Post
          Not really looking to swap. I plan on keeping it, just wanted to add a "normal" looking barrel.

CJ, details?
          It's a USGI original .45 ACP barrel, never been installed, still with the factory coating. I was looking to trade/work a deal for that threaded barrel.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            It's a USGI original .45 ACP barrel, never been installed, still with the factory coating. I was looking to trade/work a deal for that threaded barrel.
            What's the cash money price?

I'm picking up a new pistol from my nephew and the barrel is all but shot out.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

I'll be honest, I was interested in trading for a threaded barrel, that piqued my interested, but truthfully I'm not looking to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Faganus View Post
                I recently came in to a 1911 with a threaded barrel in .45. Some bum traded me for some stuff. (Shoots great by the way, thanks bum.)

I'm not a fan of the threaded barrel look. Maybe one day I'll get a can, but no plans right now.

What's the best 5" barrel for $100 or less that I could throw in it?
                I know where you live now, and I haven't been in a good gun fight in a while. Don't tempt me, sucka!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

The barrel is shot out? How many rounds are on it? I'd imagine other parts would wear before the barrel.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    The barrel is shot out? How many rounds are on it? I'd imagine other parts would wear before the barrel.
                    I think the previous owner didn't perform any maintenance on the gun, and I know that myself and my Nephew have put a ton of rounds down it.

How many rounds can a typical 1911 bbl stand before it craps out?

It needs a bbl bushing and a link bar as well.

The frame/slide are good to go, just needs a few parts here and there to clean it up.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

North of 50k at the pressure they run and that's probably a low estimate as most comp guys run that a year or more in hotter rounds without barrel change. If link and stuff is worn then that would justify it possibly.

Comment

Could that cause it to shoot like shit? A bad link and bushing? The bushing is not worn too badly, but there is a hairline crack running from the bbl at 5 o'clock to the edge of the bushing.

The link is sloppy, but I'm not sure if that's just the tolerances, or if it's truly worn out.

I figured a new bbl, link, and bushing couldn't hurt.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

It's very possible it could be the bushing. It would be far cheaper to change than a barrel.

Comment

Working...
                          X