Trying to get decent NVG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get decent NVG's

And I am striking out for my price range. I have about $1000 to spend, but PVS-7's and PVS-14's are just going for crazy high.

I bought some SightMark Ghost Hunter 1x24 dual tube NVG's and they are actually pretty decent, but I can't mount to my helment, and I'd like to have a monocular so I can use my left eye for ambient light.

Any tips on where to find something decent for about a grand?

I see nice gen 3 stuff for 3k. Thats crazy high? The plan for me this Christmas to myself is as nice of a gen 3 or gen 3+ as I can afford. I am budgeting 3-4k.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

Any tips on where to find something decent for about a grand?
      Russia When it comes to NVG's there really isn't much of an in between. It's either cheap junk for a few hundred, or good stuff for 2-3k. Watch some of the gun forums and you'll occasionally see someone drop 7's or 14's for a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
        Russia When it comes to NVG's there really isn't much of an in between. It's either cheap junk for a few hundred, or good stuff for 2-3k. Watch some of the gun forums and you'll occasionally see someone drop 7's or 14's for a decent price.
        Well after a LOT of internet (srs business) research. I am going to make my own from a kit.

Right now I am tracking a housing that will take PVS14 intensifiers or a PVS7 complete kit (minus tube) for $775.

Then get a 10130 tube for roughly $400 and have NVG's for less than $1500.

Comment

Not a bad deal here:

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            You're absolutely right, that's not bad at all.

I need to sign up and get in touch with him, thanks for looking!

Comment

Working...
            X