Muzzle Brake suggestion for AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muzzle Brake suggestion for AK

Looking at the lantac dragon but hate the $148 entry price. Got any other suggestions for an AK brake that is actually effective enough so that the wife can enjoy shooting her AK which kicks harder than the Century C308 I just bought?

Looking for real world reviews from folks who have used a few different ones instead of 300 "hey this company gave me one for free to say nice things about it" reviews on the interwebz.

Thanks!

Have you checked CNC warrior? They have several but I think this one is going on my AK SBR

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I have a PWS and seems good, cant say much about it since I've never used any other on my AK but that one.

Comment

I like these.

Comment

I personally like the ak 74 style brake myself. I even got the cnc warrior version for my m92.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Looking at the lantac dragon but hate the $148 entry price. Got any other suggestions for an AK brake that is actually effective enough so that the wife can enjoy shooting her AK which kicks harder than the Century C308 I just bought?
            What ammo are you shooting that makes it kick so hard? Have you found a load combination that is actually spiting the atom or something?

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
            I personally like the ak 74 style brake myself.
            X2. Loud as fuck but it works very well. Hopefully you will never have to shoot it indoors.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              What ammo are you shooting that makes it kick so hard? Have you found a load combination that is actually spiting the atom or something?

X2. Loud as fuck but it works very well. Hopefully you will never have to shoot it indoors.
              cheap stuff from academy. Can't imagine they are overspending on powder! It does thump harder than the .308 for sure. I sent 5 mags of .308 down range without any complaints. 2 mags from the AK was not enjoyable but afterall, the .308 had a chevron brake and the AK had essentially a notch to help with rise and that was about it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look into each and see which one will best fit this gun thread wise making sure it matches up (I'm sure they are all the same but you never know!) and pick one up to go to the range and play with.

We don't shoot inside but the range is well covered and you shoot through a "slot" so there is no chance to shoot high and 3 miles down the road. Adds to the concussion for sure. It's like shooting from a building through a window 12" tall and the full width of the room but the back wall is all open to the parking area. There are about 12-14 stations in a row. I do wish the range owner would install some sort of netting between stations because if there is a guy with a semi-auto sitting to your left, the roof design just rains casings straight down on you as there are no dividers between shooters. My .308 was tossing casings 3 seats over and pretty hard! I thought it was funny....the wife didn't.

Comment

This is the brake from Tapco I always used. If you can find one it is awesome.

1995 Cobra #404
                1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

^^^^ I have one of these that you can have for free if you want it. PM me you address and I will send it to you.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

What kind of AK is this, first.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Snake View Post
                      This is the brake from Tapco I always used. If you can find one it is awesome.

http://www.tapco.com/products/ak/ind...d&productId=61
                      That's a compensator. The factory slant brake is the most effective I've ever seen.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        What kind of AK is this, first.
                        I.O. regular AK. nothing fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          The factory slant brake is the most effective I've ever seen.
                          I have always admired the engineers in Russia. They are acutely aware of their short comings in research budgets and their limited manufacturing capabilities and some how they still make genius stuff that is reliable as an anvil.

Comment

IO you say

Just sell it now and buy something in another caliber.

Comment

Working...
                            X