X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand 1 Armory is no more...

From their FB post:

Friends,

With a heavy heart I have to let everyone know that Stand 1 Armory will be shutting down permanently at the end of this month. Its been one of the most difficult decisions Ive ever had to make but its time and I can’t ignore it any longer. I’m very proud of the brand that we’ve built and the employees here that make everything possible. We have a really talented bunch or folks. We have always strived to make the best possible product available even when that wasn’t the most profitable way to do things. We did so because we sincerely care about the shooting community- many of you whom have become very good friends over the years. Im grateful beyond belief for many of you. Thank you isn’t enough.
    I wont go into all the reasons that led to this decision because none of them really matter now. Many of you know that Stand 1 is being sued for a tremendous sum of money by a former employee. Its unfortunate and I sincerely wish things were different but they aren’t and we need to face that fact. We’re sorry that we wont be able to continue to serve the community any longer. It was an honor and a privilege to do so for as long as we did.
    In an effort to make sure that all of our customers and friends are taken care of, we will continue to manufacture product until Friday September 22nd and our website will remain active for orders through Friday September 29th. Everything we are producing currently meets the same exacting standards that we have set all along and we will continue to stand behind each and every round that we sell. Any orders placed between now and September 29th will be filled without fail. We will do our best to answer most emails regarding orders but we are not able to discuss anything else at this time. We are also not able to discount any products other than our pre-established rates that are in place at this time. We will not be having any last minute liquidation sales nor are we entertaining any offers for our equipment or anything else.
    We do have some excellent employees that we would like to be able to place in other types of assembly or manufacturing jobs. I can’t speak highly enough about these people, and they are some of the hardest working and easiest people to get along with that I have ever met. Many of them have a language barrier as Spanish is their primary language; however, in the event that you have or you know someone who has a potential job opportunity for any of these people that would be a good fit, we’d love to make a connection for them. Please let us know if you know of any positions for them, as we are focused on getting them placed after their last day here. We will do anything in our capacity to assist in doing so.
    This is a very difficult time for everyone here. With the most heartfelt gratitude and thanks, we say goodbye to our professional relationship with all of you but many of the friendships we made will last forever.
    -Tony Miglini
    Stand 1 Armory

Why are they getting sued?

Comment

No idea.

Comment

That sucks. They produced a good product.

Wonder if an employee got hurt or something?
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          That sucks. They produced a good product.

Wonder if an employee got hurt or something?
          You made me think of Step from Extract.

Comment

Looks like the owners won the lawsuit and then sold it to another group, and they're back! Should be taking orders later this week.

Comment

Nice! Can't wait to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                Looks like the owners won the lawsuit and then sold it to another group, and they're back! Should be taking orders later this week.
                From my understanding it's not the same guy doing their reloads, so I'd wait for some reviews.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  From my understanding it's not the same guy doing their reloads, so I'd wait for some reviews.
                  there's an article on it on the firearm blog. They did say he sold it to a corporation, they didn't say he wasn't an employee of that new corp :wink <- I'm not sure if that is true but that would be a way remove some liability

Comment

Buying new manufactured ammo I can understand but I've never understood buying someone else's reloads.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                      Buying new manufactured ammo I can understand but I've never understood buying someone else's reloads.
                      If the quality is there and the price is right, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        If the quality is there and the price is right, why not?
                        Because if you personally reload their price can never be "right".
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They've apparently moved to Weatherford and currently don't offer local pick up like the old Stand 1 did. In a DM they said they haven't finished the building yet. wtf, are they doing this out of someone's garage? Their prices including UPS were fucking insane. Yeah, I'm not in any hurry to get on this bandwagon.

Comment

Holy overpriced reloads, Batman! Miss the old shop off Irving Blvd. Convenient as hell and the 77gr OTM was always reasonably priced and very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              Get RCBS’s or Hornady’s single stage press starter kit, some dies, and the ABCs of reloading book. It’s a worthy investment, especially in times like these.

Comment

Working...
                              X