Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Switchblade" law repealed... What to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I'm partial towards Spyderco's and kinda leaning towards the Spyderco Citadel Automatic Knife.

I was looking around last night and found out that this knife has been discontinued. Might look around for a used one but otherwise I'm on the hunt again for my first automatic knife.
    Last edited by Jose; 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Are butterfly knives still illegal? I had one awhile back but of course dropped in the middle of doing tricky shit.
      If they have a double edged blade, yes.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        I have a S&W (fancy, I know) auto with a tanto blade that I've carried for 15+ years. I've used it for just about everything, and it has been sharpened exactly once. It really didn't have to be sharpened then, but I just freshened up the edge on it. It has never failed me.
        I've never owned a knife that doesn't require frequent sharpening. I do, however, use it for literally everything from opening or cutting up cardboard, cutting smaller gauge wire, sawing small tree branches (I like a partial serrated blade), coolant and fuel type hoses, etc. I've primarily carried a kershaw the last 8-10 years probably. I like the speedsafe Whirlwind.

I've got a few automatics in my collection. The last of which is a Benchmade I bought from a member off of here. I bought it with the intention of adding it to my collection rather than it being a carry knife.

Comment

I have a boker kalashnikov sadly here in MN it's still illegal, cant wait to come back to TX!!

Comment

Where in MN are you?

Comment

Bloomington right now. Near mall of Somalia!

Comment

Originally posted by Cujo_64 View Post
                I have a boker kalashnikov sadly here in MN it's still illegal, cant wait to come back to TX!!
                I have the same and it's my first automatic knife. I can't complain one bit.

Comment

LOL! I lived in Mendota Heights for 3 winters...I mean years.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Nice. Not too far from there now. I deal with kids and parent from all over the state! The winters here are brutal, but they take care of the roads here. Not just sand on ice like in Dallas that one week of the year of winter there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      I'm partial towards Spyderco's and kinda leaning towards the Spyderco Citadel Automatic Knife.

Going to revive this thread. Does anyone have a lead on this knife? I missed out on one deal where I guy over on Glock Talk bought two of them (I didn't have the available money at the time plus the buyer was wanting to sell both of them togther). The guy who bought both of them hit me up a couple of weeks later and I offered to buy one of them but never heard from him. The pair of them were selling at a premium over what they were going for when Spyderco was selling them for when they got discontinued. I would be interested in any leads for one at a reasonable price.

Comment

I might could snag you one. Want me to look into it?

Comment

Wait a a minute. We can have switchblades?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            Wait a a minute. We can have switchblades?
                            For a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              I might could snag you one. Want me to look into it?
                              Incoming message.

Comment

So anyone else picked up an automatic knife?? Still look for a Spyderco Cithadel and just signed up on Bladeforums.com where I've seen some for sale.

Shit sorry I missed this bro. I have a cousin living in Richfield that I visited last October. Got a chance to check out the Mall and a bunch of sights around there. Never realized there grew apples up there either.

Comment

Working...
                                X