No announcement yet.

The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

What do you grab? You're going to potentially be walking miles on end with this gun, pistol, finding ammo, spare parts, etc. on the way. Keeping in mind your life may depend on it. What do you hand your spouse or significant other?

Expect your choices to be criticized for the betterment of everyone. Maybe we can learn from eachother.
    Last edited by CJ; 02-04-2014, 12:31 PM.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I guess it depends on why I am having to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      I guess it depends on why I am having to leave.
      Government runs out of money, stops social programs - immediate civil unrest, riots, imminent food shortages, etc.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My partially complete go bag-
        AR w/ 7 loaded pmags
        Glock w/ 3 mags and 250rds
        gun cleaning essentials
        basic first aid kit
        5.11 pants with a few changes of clothes
        knife/tent/nalgene bottle/lighter/extra batteries
        12 pack of magnums
        KY

What else could I need?
        Last edited by Cobraman; 02-03-2014, 11:18 PM.
        2012 GT500

Comment

Option to bug in? I have deer, food and water storage, private well, and a defensible position.

Comment

A way to make fire, tools for making shelter that can also work as weapons if needed. A way to purify water. The good thing about where i live finding ground water isnt that hard. Just gotta know the right spot.

I need to put a bag together, but im not to worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
              Option to bug in? I have deer, food and water storage, private well, and a defensible position.
              definitely a bug out situation. If this was bug in everyone would just talk about all the shit they have and make no effort to make the hard decision of which items they want over all others.

Comment

I'd grab my AR with sling and XD. Only problem is I have no holster for the XD and no way of carrying spare mags for either firearm. I would be forced to fashion some kind of makeshift backpack out of a range bag to carry spare mags and ammo. Yeah, I'm ill prepared for a last minute shtf scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                  This would probably be my default. Roads are going to be mess, people acting like scared-asshole-Rambos creating headaches.

Comment

I would take my DMR-AR, P226, Kabar, mags, water, MRE's, first aid & some basic grooming tools, cleaning chemicals, meds, a few changes of socks & underwear, a lightweight hammock, a rain fly, and a sleeping bag.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Understood. My BOB has water purification, multiple fire starters, boxes of ammo, gun cleaning tools, first aid kit, a SAS survival guide (plant and food identification, shelter ideas, etc.), Space blanket, some oatmeal and protein bars, and a camel back. 10/22 and 1k rounds, then the 9 and 380 with ~500rds of each. Multiple knifes, small multi tool, camping cookware set, little metal cooktop than runs on the fuel cubes, a few cans of soup, bags of beef jerky, and some liquor.

Comment

I'd grab my bag, 7.5" SBR, .22 upper in backpack, several mags, Model 29, and my ruger MKIII suppressed .22. Wife gets the AK-101 and Ithaca M1911A1.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          imminent food shortages
                          That paired with an energy issue or low fuel would cripple the US with its just in time ordering. As a result most of the cities would burn within a week. Add a major ice storm like what have been seeing the carnage would be nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            What do you grab?
                            gasoline to burn the local walmart

Comment

I have one pistol at my house and no other firearms. Have maybe 30 rounds for it so I would take it.

I would grab my backpack with whatever food I have in my single guy fridge (mustard, jar of pickle juice), emergency medication, comfortable shoes, and bike to my parent's house. Ideally I would bike to the shop to prevent as much looting as possible.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X