No announcement yet.

The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still would like a solar cell setup for charging the phones or radio.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Why freezer foods? Mountain house food is excellent and can be stored dry for like 25 years.
      Look into freeze dried to suppliment as well, mountain house can have a lot of sodium which makes you drink more water. After a couple of days you'll be sick of it.
      WRX

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
        Look into freeze dried to suppliment as well, mountain house can have a lot of sodium which makes you drink more water. After a couple of days you'll be sick of it.
        I love mountain house foods but agree the sodium content is higher than ideal. I actually eat quite a bit (relatively speaking) of the mountain house products, and the only ones that arent too enjoyable are the eggs.

Backpackers pantry isnt bad either.

I will be trying a few alpine aire brand meals this week and will report back. It looks like the sodium content may he slightly lower on some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
          After reading through this over a few days I'm realizing that I'm screwed if I had to bug out on short notice on foot
          I don't think there is much anyone can do on foot, that doesn't live out in the sticks. Going early would be the only way I can see that working out. Otherwise you're going to run into other people who may want to rob you.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Thanks for the tip on fishmox. I've made 3 bob's now. One for me, the wife, and my son. Bugging out on foot would be terrible. Ideally you bug out very early, otherwise you are going to have to hunker down at costco until most idiots are gone.

I give boss troggs ponchos 5 thumbs up. You can buy a heavier duty version on amazon. You need one if you ever have to be outside in weather.
          Costco would be so crowded that you'd die. Gotta get out to BFE with no other people till most of it blows over.

imo, good night vision goggles would put you high above all the rest when it comes to odds of survival. Travel at night, with no running into anyone you don't want to. Few other people are going to have them, so you'd have a real advantage over almost everyone.
          WH

Comment

• Before you make plans regarding bugging out, go outside and run 5 miles. If you can do this, continue on. If you can't, reconsider your kit and plan.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Before you make plans regarding bugging out, go outside and run 5 miles. If you can do this, continue on. If you can't, reconsider your kit and plan.
              Exactly...i can run 5 miles and i still maintain that im staying in my house. Good neighbors, 2 water heaters, lots of stuff to survive on.

Comment

• Bugging out on foot is an absolute last resort and I wouldn't recommend it. If you find yourself in this situation, then bad shit happened way too fast, you weren't prepared, and you weren't paying any attention to things going on.

I am still seeing a pretty slow but noticeable deterioration in our society though. Two murders happened all too close to my house this weekend, and I'm talking senseless unexpected murders of joggers and teenage girls headed to church. I'm not talking about Chicago style gangbangers doing drive bys on each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Two murders happened all too close to my house this weekend, and I'm talking senseless unexpected murders of joggers and teenage girls headed to church. I'm not talking about Chicago style gangbangers doing drive bys on each other.
                  I'm in Moss Farm...that shit is crazy.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• The only way bugging out really makes any sense is if you live in the city and have land with a cabin or house in the country with water and food. Even then there are alot of variables to make it a shitty idea.

As for the night vision goggle idea mentioned above, that is not a great idea either. Night vision has very poor range and no peripheal vision, and no depth perception. Even the military grade ones I trained with once were very limited considering what I expected. It can be a handy tool, but I would not rely on it to travel far at night. Plus they eat up batteries, at least they used to.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Before you make plans regarding bugging out, go outside and run 5 miles. If you can do this, continue on. If you can't, reconsider your kit and plan.
                      Cannot. Will be bugging in.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I'd Grab my backpack that I keep misc tools in, wife and son would fill backpacks with food, water, change of clothes and ammo.. All of us would have a rifle and pistol
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Why freezer foods? Mountain house food is excellent and can be stored dry for like 25 years.
                          I have one of their "buckets" I bought a few months ago. Not sure why I mentioned the freezer food other than it's food that's at my house that I need to do a better job of rotating like the canned stuff.

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Still would like a solar cell setup for charging the phones or radio.
                          Definitely a worthwhile investment IMO. Me and my friends do a lot of camping at somewhat primitive sites (typically no electricity or water) and it comes in handy for charging up electronic devices and saving the trouble of of having to keep going back and forth to vehicles to check if it's charged or not.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          I love mountain house foods but agree the sodium content is higher than ideal. I actually eat quite a bit (relatively speaking) of the mountain house products, and the only ones that arent too enjoyable are the eggs.

Backpackers pantry isnt bad either.

I will be trying a few alpine aire brand meals this week and will report back. It looks like the sodium content may he slightly lower on some.
                          Thanks for suggesting some alternatives to Mountain House.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          I couldn't run 5 miles but I would have no trouble walking/hiking that with a backpack.

Comment

• Due to my location in the Northeast if I don't get out before the first wave, I will be stuck until things calm down and then have to make a break for it. Unfortunatley due to population density and the "govt will provide" menatlity I think the Northeast will fall first.

So far I have 3 bug out bags for the family and working on setting up the truck as a better bug out vehicle (extra gas, blankets, etc).

Who has given thought to what happens if you cannot get back to the house? Alternate locations? How does the family meet up etc?

I have a coworker with 3 alternate locations, criteria for which to go to and maps to each in all the family vehicles. I thought that was an interesting idea.

Comment

I'm thinking a stealth operation of sorts. If you have some land, then some kind of optical illusion, or natural barrier that hides your house. If you're in town, a basement you've constructed that is basically a big underground house, (like on that movie) but where the entrance is nearly impossible to find, and would be missed by pretty much everyone. And you've told no one but maybe like your wife or something. I'm of the opinion that you could actually hide from the SHTF scenario, and wait it out. Even if it took a couple years. Running from it, would probably just get you killed. I think you've got to hide from it.

Originally posted by Denny
                              If this property deal goes well, I'll already be bugged out.
                              A good start, but then you have the migrating vagrants coming along looking to strip your property and your house bare of anything they can use.

Granted, you've got your defenses, but the people are not going to stop coming, and they are many and you are few. They'll be arriving at various times, in various numbers.
                              WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                A good start, but then you have the migrating vagrants coming along looking to strip your property and your house bare of anything they can use.
                                Yeah, even the wilderness can get real crowded.
                                Originally posted by MR EDD
                                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                                X