Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Ship...

Looks like it's part Klingon

(Music kind of alludes to a Klingon aspect too...)

Comment

Yea, ship isn't the prettiest, but I'll struggle through!
      sigpic

Comment

Ugh. Color me unimpressed. The styling looks pre-TOS timeline. And, I'll assume, the numbering is sequential, so NCC-1031 is 400 below our beloved NCC-1701, which again pre-dates TOS.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Ugh. Color me unimpressed. The styling looks pre-TOS timeline. And, I'll assume, the numbering is sequential, so NCC-1031 is 400 below our beloved NCC-1701, which again pre-dates TOS.
          I've always felt that this way every time a new ST series came out. I remember hating Voyager at first then loved it. Same with DS9 and Enterprise. But loved em too. Only series I liked right off the bat was TNG.

Oh well as long as it'll have some good battles and good dialogue be OK.
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I thought it was known that this took place After Enterprise but Pre-TOS.
            sigpic

Comment

What the fuck are you bitches babbling about?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                I thought it was known that this took place After Enterprise but Pre-TOS.
                I don't think that has been confirmed, at least that I have seen. All I have read is speculation based of the ship's number.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I'm not digging that ship....looks like a bastardized cross between enterprise and Klingon bird of prey.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not liking the ship design for a traditional Star Trek show.

HOWEVER, we've got no solid info on when, or what the show is supposed to be about. This might not be about space exploration. This might be about the the times leading up to the war between the feds and bump heads. This could be some covert ship design from salvaged bump head design input.

Who the fuck cares? We're finally getting another Star Trek tv series.
                    sigpic

Comment

Star Trek and the original Star Wars space scenes were so fantastic because they used models which just looks real. CGI still cant compete with well created models.

I'm ok with whatever timeline they want to have, but TOS and TNG characters crossed over age wise, Spock was still alive, and Scotty ( albeit with hacks ) was still kicking. McCoy was in the first season too, so I'm not sure how far back they want to go.

I've liked all series except TOS. I find it hard to believe that this one will carry, but hey if a new generation is inspired by it like I was, then all the better.

Comment

Pretty sure I read somewhere it is between TNG and the TOS.

Comment

Is there confirmation that's officially CBS' teaser?

One thing that bug's me is the CGI seems...lacking. Especially for something like Star Trek. I'm wondering if it's some fan-created teaser.

Comment

Is there confirmation that's officially CBS' teaser?

One thing that bug's me is the CGI seems...lacking. Especially for something like Star Trek. I'm wondering if it's some fan-created teaser.
                            This is what it says at Youtube:

Published on Jul 23, 2016
                            Revealed at Comic-Con 2016 by Executive Producer Bryan Fuller. Get a sneak peek of the newest ship in the "Star Trek" universe. Star Trek: Discovery premieres January 2017 on the CBS Television Network with the premiere and all subsequent episodes available exclusively on CBS All Access.

Probably legit but you never know....

Comment

It turns out CBS' "Star Trek Discovery" will NOT be set subsequent to Kathryn Janeway's adventures in the Delta Quadrant.

In fact, "Star Trek Discovery" will be set before Kirk and Spock's adventures in the Alpha Quadrant.

“There’s a big clue in the number of the ship [NCC-1031] that indicates when we’re set,” “Star Trek Discovery” showrunner Bryan Fuller just told me over Monday-afternoon coffee in the Beverly Hilton’s Circa 55 poolside restaurant.

So.

Given that the Kirk-Spock Enterprise has a higher registry number of NCC-1701, I’ll declare now that CBS’ new “Star Trek Discovery” adventures are set before Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty started hanging out together on the Enterprise.

I also asked Fuller about Starfleet’s super-secret black ops operation Section 31 (the one depicted in “Deep Space Nine,” “Enterprise” and “Into Darkness”). Is it a coincidence that the Discovery has that “31” at the end of its registry number?

“There are aspects of our first season that, depending on how well versed you are in that mythology, you could either read into it a connection," said Fuller, "or not."

Keep your eyes glued to the Internet on Aug. 10; Fuller says he’s going to “spoiler it up” during the “Star Trek” panel on that penultimate day here at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.

And tune into my "Nerd World Report" radio show this Saturday to hear more of my intereview with Fuller.

"Star Trek Discovery" hits the CBS All-Access streaming service in January.
                              AICN EXCLUSIVE!! Is STAR TREK DISCOVERY Set Post-Janeway?? Is It Connected to Section 31?? Learn Now!!

Comment

What we learned at the too-brief Wednesday afternoon “Star Trek: Discovery” TCA panel held at the Beverly Hilton:

* “Discovery” is another prequel, set in the Shatner (not JJ Abrams) universe ten years before Kirk and Spock’s famous five-year mission depicted in the 1960s TV series.

* It follows that “Discovery” is set about 100 years after “Star Trek Enterprise.”

* "Discovery's" lead character will be a human female. The female part has only happened once before, with “Star Trek: Voyager,” another series creator-showrunner Bryan Fuller helped write.

* For the first time since the early episodes of “Deep Space Nine,” the lead character will not be a captain. When I asked creator-showrunner Bryan Fuller if he could describe the lead character’s rank, he replied “lieutenant commander.” A few minutes later though Fuller told me exclusively “she will hold many ranks.”

* The series will explore an incident mentioned in the 1960s series. (In the 1969 episode “Whom Gods Destroy,” there’s a reference to a war the Federation was fighting about 15 years earlier.)

* Fuller seemed to hint he would pursue Winona Ryder to reprise the role of Spock’s mother, Amanda Grayson. Hers would not be a regular role. When I asked if Grayson would appear in the first season of “Discovery,” Fuller smiled and replied “maybe.”

* Other established characters besides Greyson could appear. For example, a young Doctor McCoy could turn up, allowed Fuller, but Fuller also said there are no plans for McCoy.

* Shooting on the series is still months away and no one has been cast yet.

* The series will not be subject to broadcast standards and will feature “slightly more graphic content” than a typical Trek series.

* The CBS All Access exec who introduced Fuller indicated that there will only be 13 episodes of “Discovery” per season, and certainly no more than 13 airing in 2017. Prior live-action seasons of Star Trek have typically run north of 20 episodes, often as many as 26.

* Fuller described the series as one 13-episode novel. Trek has featured copious episode-to-episode continuity in the past, notably during the third season of “Star Trek: Enterprise.”

* The infamous Kobayashi Maru incident (used to train Starfleet cadets) occurred prior to the events of “Discovery,” and will be referenced in the series.

* Fuller confirmed Starfleet’s super-secret black-ops division Section 31 may be a component of the series. Discovery’s registry number is NCC-1031.

* Sets, makeup and effects will be upgraded to 2016 standards, just as these things were upgraded to 2002 standards for fellow prequel “Star Trek Enterprise.”

Did you know every live-action season of "Star Trek" from 1966 to 2005 featured at least two time-travel episodes? And that five of the 14 Star Trek movies employ time travel? I asked Fuller if "Discovery" would feature time travel. He did not say "no."

Here's the exchange I shared with Fuller, in context:

REPORTER: How much of a secret do you want the premise of the show to be in how you are trying to parcel out information gradually?

BRYAN FULLER: Well, it's an interesting process, because I've never been a part of something in this position as big as "Star Trek." So normally, if you ask me a question, I'll tell you the answer with very little censorship. But I have an anvil hanging over my head about what I can say and when. And that's really about just keeping it fresh. And we want to arc out the information, and so you'll get a little information today. You'll get a little more information in October. And we'll keep building the evolution of reveal with this show as we go.

HERC: What are you willing to tell us today?

FULLER: You have to ask a much more specific question than that.

(Laughter.)

HERC: Will there be robots?

FULLER: Yes.

HERC: Will there be time travel?

FULLER: Are you allowed more than one question?

(Laughter.)

FULLER: I think what's great about "Star Trek" and how it relates to CBS All Access is that you have access to all of these things at once. So, "Star Trek," you can bend time and space. And on All Access, you can bend time and space to get to "Star Trek."

Comment

Working...
                                X