No announcement yet.

z170 6700k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock minus having the ram set at 3200MHz.

Comment

What cooler are you using?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        What cooler are you using?
        Lepa Exllusion 240 CPU

Comment

Asus explodes. Just saying.
          sigpic

Comment

I have an Asus Gene, and it's a piece of shit. The SupremeFX sound chip works about once every 5 reboots.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

MSI burnt me, and three of their boards, when they claimed the board could handle the 125w AMD CPUs. The Gigabyte board I had after had a ram slot go out twice. The next board ASRock I had was the most sensitive to change I have ever seen. Plus you could not turn off all forms of overclocking.

If Asus sucks now, I don't think there are any manufacturers that make a quality board.

Comment

Yea I use them too. It's must unavoidable.
                sigpic

Comment

I have nothing but good to say about Asus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    I have nothing but good to say about Asus.
                    I did until this board. It seems my whole damn life every motherboard I get never works right in some capacity. My last board wouldn't give proper voltage to USB devices, and it had ridiculous input lag at times. This board's audio sounds like complete shit (tons of noise, extremely low output, only works about once every 5 reboots or so).

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I did until this board. It seems my whole damn life every motherboard I get never works right in some capacity. My last board wouldn't give proper voltage to USB devices, and it had ridiculous input lag at times. This board's audio sounds like complete shit (tons of noise, extremely low output, only works about once every 5 reboots or so).
                      I've had the best luck the last 10yrs with Gigabyte and Asus. The highest "high end" mobo I've used was the Sabertooth 990FX and it was RAPED w/zero issues. I just gave it and the FX8120@4.3ghz, *gb ram and H80i to a buddy since I couldn't use it anymore. No room for it(had to sell the house), divorcing and unemployed.

Comment

F me
                        Reports have begun to surface of Skylake CPUs and their corresponding motherboards being damaged from some cooling solutions. Some reports suggest that these chips have a weaker construction that can sustain damage when too much pressure is applied.

Comment

Working...
                        X