Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents: What to do about a terrible teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    You sir, can go fuck yourself. It takes a certain kind of douche to come back for the hilariously ill-informed stinger after that diatribe.

Hope to never have a beer with you, kiss my ass.
    Now I know why your kid is having problems. And now we all know the route you are going. Hurry up and get a tape recorder. Don't forget to tell us all how it works out.

And last bit of advice. When you are playing victim and your plan sounds like something naynuts would do.... nah go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
      Well, that sure escalated quickly!
      I think the real lesson here, in a pretty meta way is that you're always subject to assholes. lol

Difference is, our kids are stuck with their classmates/teachers, but given the opportunity, we don't have to take it.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      Now I know why your kid is having problems. And now we all know the route you are going. Hurry up and get a tape recorder. Don't forget to tell us all how it works out.

And last bit of advice. When you are playing victim and your plan sounds like something naynuts would do.... nah go for it!
      I have to give you credit. You chose the path of asshole and successfully doubled down.

I'm quite comfortable with my perspective on the situation. To be perfectly honest, I don't even know who you are. Apparently we've never met, but if we had, you might understand how wrong you are. I'm not an idiot, and I'm not a victim like you seem so proud of being. Next time you deal with the wiener in the next cubicle that personifies your quiet desperation, think of me. I'm the nice guy that's doing his best to raise a kid in this world that you pissed off for no good reason.

Comment

Years back I was in charge of dealing dealing with the teachers and admin for my now ex-girlfriends son. The kid was very big for his age and was very protective of other kids at his school when they got picked on and got in trouble more than once over that. I finally got fed up with the school and pulled him out of it. I home schooled him for a few years until his mother and I broke up. He did really well and it showed when he went to live with his dad in Iceland and kicked ass in the schools over there.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Just get permission to sit in class

Comment

I find it hilarious when people ask for advice, then get mad at you for the advice they ask for. Entertaining thread. Go ahead and record that shit since that seems to be all you want to do, then post it up to prove us wrong. Should be fun to watch all this unfold.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Ohhh...i see...you're right.

If you would have titled this thread "Please agree with me and tell me I'm right..." none if this confusion would have happened.

I look forward to the follow up thread describing your 'winnings". Because I'm certain you will find a way to also convince yourself you "won" despite an overall worse situation that will ensue.

I feel for your daughter. This sounds like a small town...and if you were on the wrong side of trying to stage a mutiny against a long time teacher in my small town...you would be in a shitty position with both teachers and parents. So hopefully you're a popular family.

And good luck trying this shit in college...i see a long path of dropped classes and changed majors.

Comment

Did I miss the specific examples of the teacher being a bitch?
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Want to see tough teachers ..

Nuns back in the day beat the hell out of kids, daily .. it was normal !

And, most of them deserved it ..lol

Comment

Stop talking about the past. Unless you had a nun as a teacher

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Now I know why your kid is having problems.
                      Why would anyone listen to this guy? Even NayNay kicks the shit out of him.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        Maybe let your kid realize that shitty people exist and you cant go having your daddy solve all your problems in life. Teach her to suck it up and be the bigger person... It's a good lesson. I'm not defending an A hole teacher but your kid is going to need to learn to navigate shitty people who have authority over them.

Put your fucking head down and do the work... this will cause less drama for your kid. You've done what you can it sounds like. Maybe I'm way off but you are so vague that it sounds like it's getting blown out of proportion.
                        My thoughts as well, but maybe not quite so harsh.

Kids need to encounter all types of people to learn how to deal with them in the future. This is a valuable learning tool as well, as you can help coach her on how to deal with it.

Comment

Parents naturally want to defend their kids. I don't think anyone really means that your kid is an asshole, but you have to remember there are 3 sides to every story. I have to agree with what's being said here about suck it up and deal with it. I'll just be less of an asshole about it. Dealing with assholes is an essential life skill, and the earlier she learns that the better off she will be.

My son had a difficult teacher in 7th grade. His grades were great, but he's a bit of a class clown and talks a lot. I did my parental duties and talked to him about correcting the issue. Then it escalated to grounding. Then spanking. It got to the point where I spoke with his teacher at least twice a week. I spoke to a counselor. I spoke to the Vice Principal. They offered to switch his science class, but I took a week to think about it. Ultimately decided against it. Before we knew it, the school year was over. Those two had an understanding with each other. The next year, he stopped by her classroom almost every day to chat.

He now knows how to handle teachers that either don't like him, or have generally bad attitudes, etc.

For the record - It is legal to record conversations in the State of Texas so long as one party is aware it is being recorded, and you are one party, so take that for what it's worth. It's not at all what I would do, but there are no legal ramifications.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            You're not going to win this...but you will make every teacher in the school hate you with that mentality (do what I want or you need to be fired). This will follow your daughter through her schooling in a very negative way.

Teach your daughter that life isn't fair and the best she can do to try and get back at the teacher is to do great in the class.

Also, kids lie.
                            You don't want to hear this, but it's the truth. Question his experience or otherwise, but my wife has taught for over 20 years (in middle school). We've dealt with shitty teachers with our own kids and ones she works with. Bottom line is unless some major dirt is exposed, your kid is going to have that teacher all year. There are some things you can do to help the situation, but it doesn't sound like you want to go down that path. The best approach you can have is to sit down with the teacher in a polite, but direct way with specific examples and basically ask what your kid, and your family, can do to help improve things. Some teachers have a tendency to be mad at the world, so figure out what it is and then go from there. Good teaching moment for your kid.

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Do you have any 15 year old male family members that would be willing to bang her?
                            I literally LOL'd

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Wrong. I will win this. Rolling audio on this bitch.
                            Be ready to be sued if anything comes of it. You've been warned.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            The answer to me is simple, stop being nice about it.

There are two kinds of total assholes in the world. There are ones where if you show them some kindness and respect they see it and they ease up with their bullshit.

Then there are the others who take your kindness as a show of weakness. And that is when you have to get nasty. Just do your best to out do them. People like that get off on the power trip they feel when they are shitty and people try to be nice in return. They feed on it. Turn that shit right around on her and go right up in her face with it.

When she goes slack jawed and just stares, you will know you have her.
                            These are the two options -- nice as I suggested above and seriously show that you want to help or call her on the bullshit. Just be ready for it to blow up and you had better keep your cool when the shit storm starts.

Comment

i keep checking back waiting for you to reveal that Lea is the teacher in question....

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

blake, give me a call . i have ran the gauntlet on this all the way to the end. i can give you first hand experience minus all this drama.

Comment

Working...
                                X