Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many threads are going to get deleted in the Grapevine Ford Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I can't stop smiling. That is awesome man.
    ....and yes, when the day comes we ever meet face-to-face, the beers are on me!
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I can't stop smiling. That is awesome man.
      Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      it's 7 minutes later, have you stopped smiling?
      Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Nope.
      Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      oh
      How about now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
        ....and yes, when the day comes we ever meet face-to-face, the beers are on me!

It might have been cheaper to let them keep the 4k... In all seriousness though I'm really happy you got some resolution, whatever microscopic part I indirectly had in it. This site still has some surprises in it even after you think you've seen it all. Kudos to GVF as well.

Comment

• This story has rekindled my small hope for dealerships all over if for only this one. I buy new FORD cars every few years and I will give GVF a chance for my next purchase which will be in a few months. I'll let everone know how my experience goes up there. Even though I have 4-5 dealerships closer, I will give them a shot after how they made it right with Rheemo...
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• I know this is my first post as I just joined earlier this week. mstng86 can verify who I am. I'm not affiliated with Grapevine Ford. I bought a 2007 F-150 on Sept 8. (Mon) with 85,000 miles on it. The night I drove it home I noticed a bucking issue. I called my salesman (Fofee) back the next day and he told me to bring it in. I brought it back 3 days (thurs) later and dropped it off. They called me Monday saying they could not duplicate the problem and found nothing wrong. I picked it up the next day. Drove it with Fofee for about 20 min and it never did what it did the day I took it home. Not sure if it was bad gas or what. The next day I drove out to Willow Bend and I noticed something was wrong with the brakes. I should have taken it right back at that moment but I didn't. Well the issue would come and go. On the highway it would shake the steering wheel really bad but it wouldn't do it all the time. Well it got worse and worse so I finally took it back Friday Oct. 10th. Monday the 13th they called and said it needed a whole brake system overhaul that the brake fluid had been contaminated with either transmission or power steering fluid. Warranty won't cover it and it was going to cost me $4,000. I said B. S. I told the service advisor that they were the only ones to ever pop the hood on this truck since I had it. She said there was nothing she could do. I told her I would talk to someone else. I called my salesman he transferred me to a manager. That manager told me he would call back in an hour. Didn't happen. Ended up going up there and talking to Tony face to face. He took me to talk to the Service Manager Tom Dickson. Tom didn't want to help. I could tell Tony wanted to do something. I left with no resolve. Mstng86 directed me to this thread so I emailed Tony later that night. He emailed me back the next day and said he would talk to the GM. Emailed me right back and asked when I could come out there to talk. I couldn't get out there for a couple of day but when I finally did make it out I met with Tony and the first word out of his mouth was "we are going to take care of this for you." His next was get this guy in a vehicle until his is repaired. What ever he wants. Tony is a great guy to deal with. And I hope that continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grassman2852 View Post
              I know this is my first post as I just joined earlier this week. mstng86 can verify who I am. I'm not affiliated with Grapevine Ford. I bought a 2007 F-150 on Sept 8. (Mon) with 85,000 miles on it. The night I drove it home I noticed a bucking issue. I called my salesman (Fofee) back the next day and he told me to bring it in. I brought it back 3 days (thurs) later and dropped it off. They called me Monday saying they could not duplicate the problem and found nothing wrong. I picked it up the next day. Drove it with Fofee for about 20 min and it never did what it did the day I took it home. Not sure if it was bad gas or what. The next day I drove out to Willow Bend and I noticed something was wrong with the brakes. I should have taken it right back at that moment but I didn't. Well the issue would come and go. On the highway it would shake the steering wheel really bad but it wouldn't do it all the time. Well it got worse and worse so I finally took it back Friday Oct. 10th. Monday the 13th they called and said it needed a whole brake system overhaul that the brake fluid had been contaminated with either transmission or power steering fluid. Warranty won't cover it and it was going to cost me $4,000. I said B. S. I told the service advisor that they were the only ones to ever pop the hood on this truck since I had it. She said there was nothing she could do. I told her I would talk to someone else. I called my salesman he transferred me to a manager. That manager told me he would call back in an hour. Didn't happen. Ended up going up there and talking to Tony face to face. He took me to talk to the Service Manager Tom Dickson. Tom didn't want to help. I could tell Tony wanted to do something. I left with no resolve. Mstng86 directed me to this thread so I emailed Tony later that night. He emailed me back the next day and said he would talk to the GM. Emailed me right back and asked when I could come out there to talk. I couldn't get out there for a couple of day but when I finally did make it out I met with Tony and the first word out of his mouth was "we are going to take care of this for you." His next was get this guy in a vehicle until his is repaired. What ever he wants. Tony is a great guy to deal with. And I hope that continues.
              Wow, Tony is bending over backwards, did it come with a warranty? It's a 2007 used vehicle generally those are sold as is, Grapevine Ford has no obligation to you as far as I'm concerned. Anything they do for you is above and beyond, if they are trying to cancel a warranty claim because of incorrect fluid in your brake system, that does sound like some bullshit.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• Yes we bought a warranty but it wasn't covered because it was considered contamination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Wow, Tony is bending over backwards, did it come with a warranty? It's a 2007 used vehicle generally those are sold as is, Grapevine Ford has no obligation to you as far as I'm concerned. Anything they do for you is above and beyond, if they are trying to cancel a warranty claim because of incorrect fluid in your brake system, that does sound like some bullshit.
                  You know I am skeptical of people just because of what I do. I mean in my business people lie all of the time. I am actually very good at telling the difference in a BS story and an authentic story.

All that being said, I would find it very hard to believe a customer pulled off of the lot and poured the wrong fluid in the master cylinder. I would be much more inclined to believe they either took the truck in and it was already that way or someone was topping it off at the dealer and put the wrong shit in it. I would be absolutely pissed if I bought a car and then miraculously the brakes were contaminated. Not even sure what that means unless they put water in there. Sounds like the ole 6.0 fuel contaminated catch all. I have done probably 100 brake jobs in my life and I cant imagine it costing a dealer over a couple hundred to put new calipers, rotors, lines, and pads on a truck.

Glad Tony is making it right but sometimes it's the little things that piss me off. I mean the guy called the first day.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• I've already sent a couple referrals directly to Tony and he did well on both - http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...49#post1394049
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      Shit I didn't know that...

I've always just copied and pasted...
                      Moron.
                      Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• Lemons, lemonade

Comment

• Grass man come together with your hands.

Comment

Working...
                          X