FX331 (Rob) gets his 8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX331 (Rob) gets his 8!

Hope some of you saw my great friend, Rob, gets his 8-second slip last night at Dallas Raceway! I can't tell you how many passes he and I have video taped each other including a few mishaps! Love how his car looks and runs! Not bad for a home-built 331 (334 actually now) on a true 10.5, old-school suspension, on only a 200-shot!

Incrementals were 1.25 60' (!!!), 5.68 at right at 120 1/8th, and 8.97 at 147 on the big end! Way to go, Rob! He's probably still sleeping in because he did not get home until 2:30 am today and was going to have a couple of well-deserved cold-ones!

Good luck to all with their goals this year! Take care. Dave

PS: A big thanks to his wife for putting up with US, (and to my wife, too), and also to Dallas Raceway, Sammy and his crew, for awesome track prep and a well run program last night!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

[youtube]arbTf3s-ovk[youtube]

If someone know how to get the video embedded, please do. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ruqwikr; 05-15-2011, 09:53 AM.

very nice..
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure I'd be that excited for myself, let alone someone else doing it... but congrats I guess?

Comment

Welcome to the board Dave!
        Congrats on the pass!
        You got your formula in the 9's NA again?

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Last night was a blast!! Couldnt have asked for better weather / track conditions. I have now had both my worst (tearing up the motor and almost wrecking the car) and my best run at Dallas Raceway.

Before last night my best run was 9.26 on a bigger jet (.091 vs. .082) Its amazing what happens when you have a little patience and get things right. The tune is still a little rich but working great.

Thanks RUQWIKR for talking me into dragging the car 2.5 hours for some 1/4 testing & helping make that magic 8.97 happen & getting it on tape!!
            I see you got your way with the trailer brakes. Thanks

Comment

Very nice pass..

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                I'm not sure I'd be that excited for myself, let alone someone else doing it... but congrats I guess?
                1) If you knew what he'd been through trying to get there, and 2) He was a dear friend that helps each other out all the time, then you might understand. Oh, well, I guess? We've been there when we've each blown stuff up, won big races, lost big races, and everything in between with each other. So, yes, I don't mind being excited when something good happens. Enough on that...

STANG4LYFE, yeah, the only thing I still have on Rob (FX331) is a 1.24 60' vs. his 1.25...everything else is slower than his stuff now (9.2's at 145 N/A pump gas motor on radials).

Rob, yep on the trailer brakes...

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Hell yeah man, that's badass! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats man
                      2001 NHRA Hardtop Formula - Heads, Cam, Intake, Exhaust, Fuel, Suspension, Tune
                      1999 Trans Am WS6 - Intake, Exhaust, Tune (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
                        very nice..
                        x2

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Cant wait to get out there and do it again. Maybe try a little more jet (or lean this one out some so it's clean, was still on the rich side).

Comment

Congrats!! Kinda car?
                              Originally posted by Da Prez
                              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Working...
                              X