Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My neighbors mosquito infested pool. Where to get help in Mansfield. (Pic inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    Damn!
    lol

Step 1 kills any shit or disease that's growing in there now.
    Step 2 kills mosquitoes that have been breeding in the pool.
    Step2 also makes cleaning step 2 out of the pool a motherfucker, thereby teaching the neighbor to keep his damned pool clean!

Comment

well if there is electricity to the pool you could just go over there and do a back wash and drain the pool.
      shut off all the valves that run the skimmers and open the back wash drain and turn on the power to the pump.
      if this is really effecting you that bad.

Comment

Every morning before work throw a dead animal into the water and see how fast he cleans it up when it starts to ferment. 1 small rat cant make a lot of stink. Of course that would only come back and stink up your own house.... might make the other neighbors get more serious about their complaints, though.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          And when you talked to him about it, he said. . . . . . ?
          This. I always prefer to talk to someone myself, rather than just ratting them out.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
            on a serious note, that is insane. it's a good looking pool otherwise, seems like it is either fairly new or has been updated (coping looks great). if i had to guess, i'd say that they probably fell on hard times or something and the pump failed and they just threw in the towel on it. i'd say throw a few shock packages in it, but without a way to circulate the water it won't do any good. that pool needs to be drained/refilled imo (prob. could bring that water back but it'd be a pita).

shame, see this type of stuff with abandoned foreclosures too.
            Nonsense. Yale can do it in an hour dude.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

put a note on the door. if that doesnt work call the city and they will contact them and if its not fixed the fines will start.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                So you don't like my lagoon? Jelly?
                LOL, I know it's not you. You and I would probably get along.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                Go to the City's webbsite, maybe they have a complaint form you can fill out, say it is a hazard since they can carry diseases. Did a search for skeeters, and got this, so they are spraying for them at times it seems.

Edit: Found on the link above, clicked the first topic!

Enforcement
                The City of Mansfield has ordinances covering tall grass and stagnant water. If you are concerned about an area being a breeding site, you may contact the City's Public Works Department at (817) 276-4243.
                THANK YOU!

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                And when you talked to him about it, he said. . . . . . ?
                I actually went that route. His response, verbatim. "Fuck you, get the fuck off my property and get out of my business."

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                put a note on the door. if that doesnt work call the city and they will contact them and if its not fixed the fines will start.
                While I do not believe I owe him the favor of the note on the door I will be the better man and do just that. Give him 1 week and then start hitting the number above.
                It does suck. It's a nice pool, was a great backyard, and yes, I believe they fell into some bad luck when the housing market went to shit. However, as previously noted, it is a rather new pool, less than 3 years. Just a bad decision. However, it's like having a kid. Don't want to maintain it, don't screw around and get pregnant!

Thanks for the advise, laughs, etc! I'll post up what ends up happening.
                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

4 large bottles of clorox. Pop the caps off and throw them over the fence.

Comment

For the record. All of the ideas of actually handling the pool issue myself, clorox, pumping, oil, etc, while extremely entertaining and some I REALLY like, I can't afford any possible kind of recourse from this Bozo. I believe he could do something stupid to my place, dogs, cars, etc. I just don't want to take that chance. So, I'll take the Gentleman's approach and then let the City do their thing.

"A wise man prepares for war, he does not seek it."
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

If you decide to go militant, I have a manhole pump that will empty that pool in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

Man, my pool pump died six days ago. It turned green within 24 hours. I have been putting granular chlorine in that motherfer every day to the tune of ~30lbs and it keeps getting GREENER. Fuck!!! That is about $100 of chlorine.

I ordered the new pump off ebay to save about $550 over buying it local, but damn it's going to take a long time to get it clean again.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Wow, sounds like the guy has problems.
                          In that case, add to them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Damn you people! Yall are going to get me arrested for trespassing, or worse!
                            Seriously, thanks for the offers of pumps!

Comment

I'm making a koi pond dude, chilll out.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If my neighbor ran a Lemons car and let me drive he shit out of from time to time, in anger, I'd probably help keep his pool clean, if he asked. I'm damn glad that isnt you!

Comment

Working...
                                X