260Z SBC build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
    Is this swap possible in 80's 280z? I know where a mint one is that's begging for it.
    Yack, why??!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
      Yack, why??!!

I dunno. I guess v8>i6. It's not a turbo either. Just a thought.

Comment

Skyline turbo motor would be cool since its the same family and all.

Cool build let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
          I dunno. I guess v8>i6. It's not a turbo either. Just a thought.
          Oh I agree with you, zx's just are ugly cars. I used to get so bent out of shape when people with 280zx's would call them 280z's. Elitist douche baggy, I know but those cars just bother me so bad. It was like leaving the "II" off when talking about mustang II's.

Comment

Got my clutch parts today. Pretty exciting. I need to get some plate steel and fab up a little mount to weld to my lakewood. I hate not having enough tools. I need to pop a 1 7/16" circle hole and I have no way to do it.
            (I'm missing a -3AN-3AN male-male union to mate the line to the master) Get that Monday.
            I was concerened I'd only be able to find a plastic camaro slaves. This is a duralast unit for $35.
            The mount I need to make is similar to this.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Oh I agree with you, zx's just are ugly cars. I used to get so bent out of shape when people with 280zx's would call them 280z's. Elitist douche baggy, I know but those cars just bother me so bad. It was like leaving the "II" off when talking about mustang II's.

^ iirc this guy knows a thing or 2 about a datsun z car
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                ^ iirc this guy knows a thing or 2 about a datsun z car
                yea, this was Lason's bad ass super turbo Z
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Awwww I miss that money pit

Comment

Awwww I miss that money pit

it looked sick as hell though, got tired of never ending upkeep?

Comment

This thing is gonna be fucking bad!

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                        it looked sick as hell though, got tired of never ending upkeep?
                        No I just built it up from stock to what it was in about 3 years and spent wayyyy too much money and time doing it and got burnt out. The motor let go shortly after the turbo and I was tired of all the money. In hind site I should have thrown a car cover on it and just went about my business but owell.

Comment

Finally made a tiny bit of progress.
                          Money dried up pretty damn quick which has slowed things, but I'm about to the point where I can make major progress for little cash.

I had an older Lakewood that I wanted to use but it didnt have provisions for a slave cylinder like the one pictured in post #20.
                          Fabbed up a little bracket and my good buddy MIGed it on for me today.

Motor can now go in soon. I was wanting to get it more complete before I installed it, but my ARP poly locks are too wide to fit my CRANE rockers so I maybe finishing up the motor after it's installed.

Before the motor goes in I need to swap pilot bearings (extended pilot needed for t56)
                          and basically bolt everything together, re-route some factory fuel/brake lines, grind off the old tranny crossmember from the tunnel.

Ready for paint
                          (that glob of shit below the fork hole was done by the PO, I have nothing to do with that)
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That thing should be a blast to drive.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Those old Z-cars always turn out cool with a V8 swap....this should be a good one.

Call me crazy, but I always wanted to do a swap in one of these....

I drove an 85' for about 4-years as my daily, all through school, and it was a real decent car...especially for that era. Always wondered how one would turn out with just a mild small block in it.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Cool project man! Love the old Zs
                                Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                                90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X