Ebola on US shores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    Add to that the virus is not spread like the flu and you have to come in contact with bodily fluids. Granted if the infected cough on you and spit gets in your eye you are fucked, but you are not going to catch it from sitting next to someone on the bus.
    Yup. Humans don't make very good asymptomatic carriers for it, lol.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Fits in with what that x retired border guard was saying. HMMM

Comment

An employee of mine, a big Black African American in the truest sense, he is from Liberia. Well this asshole went home to Liberia a few weeks ago for R&R. Then went home to the US and will be back here in Afghanistan with me in 2 weeks. I am not fucking thrilled about this. His ass is getting quarantined. If I can get his return revoked and put him on medical leave of absence for a month in the US I will...our medics are mulling it over.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

In Outbreak, the disease was spread by a monkey. CDC is now bringing the disease to Atlanta. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            In Outbreak, the disease was spread by a monkey. CDC is now bringing the disease to Atlanta. I don't think that is a coincidence.
            I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              An employee of mine, a big Black African American in the truest sense, he is from Liberia. Well this asshole went home to Liberia a few weeks ago for R&R. Then went home to the US and will be back here in Afghanistan with me in 2 weeks. I am not fucking thrilled about this. His ass is getting quarantined. If I can get his return revoked and put him on medical leave of absence for a month in the US I will...our medics are mulling it over.
              That seems a little over the top. If you are that worried just give him a blood test for it. This is not a fast spreading airborne illness. Being concerned and watchfull is one thing, but being that paranoid and quarrantining people with no symptoms is a bit over the top. It is about the same as if you quarrantined him because he was near people with HIV.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Why can't they treat them somewhere where it'd do some good...like Chicago or San Francisco...

Add to that the virus is not spread like the flu and you have to come in contact with bodily fluids. Granted if the infected cough on you and spit gets in your eye you are fucked, but you are not going to catch it from sitting next to someone on the bus.
                Simian flu!!!!
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

That seems a little over the top. If you are that worried just give him a blood test for it. This is not a fast spreading airborne illness. Being concerned and watchfull is one thing, but being that paranoid and quarrantining people with no symptoms is a bit over the top. It is about the same as if you quarrantined him because he was near people with HIV.
                  By quarantine I was being a little over the top. Not like I can stick him in a connex and feed him through a slot. More like, make him stay on BAF for a week before he comes up here. His big problem is that he is one of those guys that doesn't know personal space. Stack on that his a BIG dude at 280lbs of solid black 6'3" mass and that he likes to pick us up and shake us around like rag dolls just to say hi.

Ebola is MORE contagious than HIV by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    I do not disagree at all. There is so much WTF going on I can't even keep track of it all lately.
                    I believe that history will show that eventually fate tired of their antics, and swatted them.
                    WH

Comment

waiting for it to mutate and become airborne then we fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        waiting for it to mutate and become airborne then we fucked.
                        They are bringing one of the infected US citizens to Atlanta. Watch this shit get out of their containment and spread like wildfire in the US. The death rate in Africa right now is 60%. Can you see the need now for FEMA to have all those plastic coffins in their inventory?

Comment

I mentioned opening up Alcatraz and retrofitting it for this. You get someone away from the mainland and can actually have a decent quarantine where those working on the issue are forced to stay there beyond the incubation time frame.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No wonder this board, and this forum specifically, are dead. Chicken Little mother fuckers. Lmgdao
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              They are bringing one of the infected US citizens to Atlanta. Watch this shit get out of their containment and spread like wildfire in the US. The death rate in Africa right now is 60%. Can you see the need now for FEMA to have all those plastic coffins in their inventory?
                              Unless it changed overnight, they are bringing 2.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                                Unless it changed overnight, they are bringing 2.
                                Yes, one to Atlanta Emory but now I am hearing it may be both there.

WHO say that the virus is moving even faster than expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X