Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many threads are going to get deleted in the Grapevine Ford Forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The truth is out there...

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
      2 threads have been deleted. Others have been locked because I didn't intend them to be discussions, but rather informing the DFWM community of what's going on. Then people jump in, and feel the need to be rude and unnecessary when I'm trying to tell people 15s will be here any day.

We didn't put that pricing on the GT. Ford Motor Company did, and it was the window sticker. Then, I linked an exactly the same equipped 2014 GT for $400 less on the sticker. Not our price, Ford's sticker. That's all. Somehow that blew up into our pricing because everyone's on this ridiculous bandwagon.

The thread is here, and not deleted

I also think that its well within our rights as a PAID ADVERTISER, supporting the site, to delete threads slandering us in our own subforum. I'm not going into details of the deal you are referring to, but the deal was more than fair considering we gave him 10k more what his trade was worth. He is also misquoting the details of the transaction, which I won't go into to protect our customer's privacy. He was well aware of the markup on Raptors due to their discontinuation, and was extremely happy when he left. He shook my hand, smiled, and thanked me up and down. All across the country dealers are marking them up due to their discontinuation.

I've given everyone who's come to me better than Ford Motor Credit retiree pricing(with the exception of Raptors), which many members of this community will vouch for. I will continue to do this, and am always 100% transparent in what we are doing(I show everyone who comes to see me the invoice on the vehicle). I don't understand why all of a sudden a few people are just out to get us.
      Ummm...unless we held a GTG at your place with bullhorns, you weren't slandered.

I also don't believe there was libel, because the comments seemed to be accurate, and pretty much in holding with car salesmen being shit bags willing to do whatever is needed to make a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Ummm...unless we held a GTG at your place with bullhorns, you weren't slandered.

I also don't believe there was libel, because the comments seemed to be accurate, and pretty much in holding with car salesmen being shit bags willing to do whatever is needed to make a buck.
        What if we had a GTG there with bullhorns to saying how awesome they are?

He's a PAID ADVERTISER!+1!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          What if we had a GTG there with bullhorns to saying how awesome they are?

He's a PAID ADVERTISER!+1!!
          Then we would be full of shit and likely damaging their reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Then we would be full of shit and likely damaging their reputation.
            I'd like to read the other side of the story... any idea what forum it's in?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              There were a couple of different things. The first was pretty much everyone laughing at the pricing they put on a '15 GT. They started deleting all those comments and locked the thread. I don't even remember what the second thread was about, but a couple of people started sharing some recent horror stories. That thread is gone. Oh yeah, and the guy that bought the Tremor and thought he got raped on the price(even though he was pretty much getting dogpiled), they deleted that one as well.
              why do you hate them>?

Comment

So I will bite.

I have sent several buyers to Grapevine Ford to talk with Skip over the years and then later Josh. I personally went up there with my friend around three months ago and Josh flat smashed another deal from another Ford dealer. The first trade in offer they gave Rick on his 2012 Honda was fantastic. The price he offered Rick on the loaded out Edge was very close to the other dealer but the car was the top of the line Edge a few trims above the others. This deal took probably less then an hour. There was zero haggling, first interest rate was great, Skip damn near sold me a mustang, and we were on our way. They had to get the car from California and it took a few extra days. Josh just said take your car home and we will deliver your new ride to Red Oak. It drug out about two extra days so Josh had the windows tinted for free. Josh was the internet sales manager and he is who I dealt with no middle man.

So last month I got the new F150 itch. I had one car payment out of my three car that I drive and it was my Miata. My Jeep was up for sale also but was kind of a specialty item and I knew I would be better off taking my time selling it, my F250 had just sold. I took the Miata up there. Its a 07 Hardtop with low miles and some tasteful mods. They retail between 13000 and 15000. I knew I would take a bit of a hit but I had already been offered 11k at AutoAmerica and 10k at Dodge. I was looking at a Cadillac 2 door with a bit of mark up at AutoAmerica and that's where I bought the Miata so I knew they were being a tad generous. I told them what I wanted my payments to be, a bit optimistic, but hey I could try. I didn't deal with Stone I got passed off to another sales guy when I walked in the door. He was ok but when he first came back they offered me 6k for my Miata and some crazy interest rate. My credit score is a 802 when it was pulled the other day. It was like a 900 dollar payment. I laughed and said get my keys that they never gave back. I told him that was a disgusting offer and I couldn't believe it. He gets up and comes back with another offer of like 8000 on the Miata and a little lower interest rate but still on up there. I said really get my keys and told him to pull up Miata hardtops on any site and tell me why they were offering me that. He did and apologized then went to get my keys finally. He then came back with a third offer of 10k for the Miata and like 3.9 interest. I was actually just disgusted at this point and left.

Walked in AutoNation looking for a new Ford and talked to Scott over in new cars. Scott let me drive a STX that did not have the crazy sticker mark up on it. We pulled my Miata over to used cars, the manager took about 6 pictures, and walked back in at 9500. I never said a word about the other offers. We looked at payments and I was just wanting to hold off until my Jeep sold. I told him to buy my Miata at 10k and when my Jeep sold I would be back. He went in and screwed with the used car guy a few minutes and came back with the paper work buying my car for 10k.

A few days after they bought my Miata a 2012 F150 FX4 with 15k miles popped up on their site. I texted him a few times back and forth and then came out to drive it. It's like a god damn Cadillac inside and this truck was spotless, you could eat off of the frame. Auto start, back up cam, trailer brakes, leather, AC and heat in the seats, bedliner, bed cover, console, subwoofer etc. Guy swapped it in on a new Raptor "chooochooo". It was a tad more then a new base model 4x4. Scott came off the price enough to get it lower then the other truck and threw in a 8 year 100k warranty bumper to bumper sorta. The first interest rate, payment and years they offered where all better then I had asked for. The guy knocked enough off to get me lower years so it would be better on my credit and I could get the warranty. The only thing I haggled over was the 8 year 100k warrant but they did me right.

Sent my buddy up there to talk to Scott yesterday. Gave him a excellent price on his 03 Chevy Diesel and a great price on a brand new 2014, Crew, long bed, 4x4 F150 Lariat edition, semi loaded. He walked out in a hour and a half a happy man. I got another two guys coming to me looking for new F150's. One will be buying in the next couple of weeks and the other in about three weeks. I am the go to car guy at my PD, my last PD and all my relatives. I have been with several people and their spouses to buy cars. I have bought and built so many types of vehicles over the years I know my stuff. I never had one hesitation about sending anyone to Grapevine Ford until the wonder twins left. The only place AutoNation may try to sneak you is in the extended warranty department but I expect that.

This is NOT a slam on Stone and Grapevine. This is just saying that, that is not how Josh and Skip did things. If I wanted to haggle and negotiate I would just drive to the closest dealership. Don't insult my intelligence with the first, second, and third offer. I am hard negotiator but had you been even remotely fair on the first offer I would have bought a truck from you guys. I imagine it will cost you at least ten sales from me this year. Scott even sent me a 100 bucks for sending him somebody. I usually get a nice dinner after I save my friends a few thousand. LOL

Oh and for all you guys that will start in about financing cars. Now that my ducks are in a row and all the G rides are gone I can pay off the old ladies 2014 loaded out Rouge. There is a method to my madness and my payment is not bad on my truck. I like to live like we only have one Salary! I will try not to buy a Vette this year and be a good boy.
                Last edited by kingjason; 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
                  2 threads have been deleted. Others have been locked because I didn't intend them to be discussions, but rather informing the DFWM community of what's going on. Then people jump in, and feel the need to be rude and unnecessary when I'm trying to tell people 15s will be here any day.

Somehow that blew up into our pricing because everyone's on this ridiculous bandwagon.

The thread is here, and not deleted

I also think that its well within our rights as a PAID ADVERTISER, supporting the site, to delete threads slandering us in our own subforum.

I don't understand why all of a sudden a few people are just out to get us.
                  You don't seem to comprehend how it works here.
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Good post. I dont know how it is now but skip and Purdy would do anything to make it smooth and painless. No bullshit first price and finance too. If that has changed since they left then GVF may as well resign their sponsorship

Comment

Oh shit son!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        You don't seem to comprehend how it works here.
                        He just put his own "kick me" sign on his own back.
                        BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
                        I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
                        PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            Good post. I dont know how it is now but skip and Purdy would do anything to make it smooth and painless. No bullshit first price and finance too. If that has changed since they left then GVF may as well resign their sponsorship
                            Not even true...skip and Josh weren't as perfect as they were made out to be...

Comment

That's right guys, lets beat the shit out of a major forum sponsor, and run em off!!! fuck 'em and their money!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X