No announcement yet.

And there was much rejoicing in the land.... Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So disregard the welfare of average Joe because he doesn't shop where you think it benefits the economy? There are many other places that will happily take your money besides Wallyworld.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      So disregard the welfare of average Joe because he doesn't shop where you think it benefits the economy? There are many other places that will happily take your money besides Wallyworld.
      You obviously have a great perspective on the average person and the US Economy.

Comment

I'm not disregarding him, the average Joe benefits from O&G much more than you realize around these parts. Take away that much capcapital expenditure and other sources of work from O&G and the average Joe hurts short term. Then prices spike and leave him for broke.

America needs jobs, not $40 extra a month in Billy bobs pocket to spend on stupid Chinese made crap that only supporats a $10/HR wage in america.

Comment

Where does the average Joe work to you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            So the economy was crappy when fuel prices where around a buck a gallon? Tell all of the trucking companies high fuel prices is good for their company. Tell the airlines high prices drive more business!
            Fuel surcharge. Trucking companies don't give a shit about the fuel price. Their fuel surcharge rate moves with the cost of fuel. all the cost goes back to the shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Where does the average Joe work to you?
              I spend nearly $250 a month in fuel just to work and back.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I spend nearly $250 a month in fuel just to work and back.
                And you think fuel will drop to 0?

Comment

The problem with fuel prices dropping is nothing else will follow suit. Prices for consumer goods with stay the same and those companies will just profit more. Then when fuel does go back up the consumer goods companies will jack up prices to stay at the same profit
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

But mah gas is expensiv!!1! I'z need it's cheep!!!
                    People that think the extra $50 bucks a month in "averages joes" pocket are better for the economy than a strong oil and gas industry are fucking retarded.
                    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

If you guys think that all other prices will drop in relation to gas prices, get ready to get disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        The average Joe buys wal mart shit produced in china. Oil and gas supports American manufacturing, logistics, engineering, and an ass load of other stuff.

A rapid collapse of shale would be very bad. Then when the Wells run dry in a year, you'll be praying for gas under $3.
                        exactly... the oil field is huge for the American economy. You can't farm it out or ship the work in from China.

I don't think people realize how much it permeates all facets of commerce. I've been out of the oil field for 4+yrs. I wasn't really too concerned with oil. But just recently I kinda looked around and realized that a large percentage of my clientele are oil/gas/petrochem related
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          but I feel like a strong oil field = a strong TX economy, and I get a little anxious with the thought of a shrinking oil field right now
                          I don't disagree with that at all. I just think they should spend more responsibly, and they can still get shit done with a lower overhead, which would help with the cost. Win/win.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

i like how it all has to revolve around the O&G industry.

Well, i work with the travel industry, and airlines are getting huge relief from the reduced costs, and pouring that money back out into huge programs.

Comment

Out of all of the people here defending big oil, how many of you work in that field? Or have worked there in the past, or have family working in it?

Everyone defends their job. I am the first guy to scream at Tesla wanting to sell cars direct, because it influences my business. Just like the LEO's in here defend law enforcement practices.

In 2013, Exxon's CEO made 28.1 million and the company itself made 32.6 billion. Thats one guy and one oil company, so don't sit back and preach about how they're driving the economy, they're driving money into their own pockets. I'm not saying that they don't help and influence the economy, but they can do the same thing at a slightly lower profit margin.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                Out of all of the people here defending big oil, how many of you work in that field? Or have worked there in the past, or have family working in it?

Everyone defends their job. I am the first guy to scream at Tesla wanting to sell cars direct, because it influences my business. Just like the LEO's in here defend law enforcement practices.

In 2013, Exxon's CEO made 28.1 million and the company itself made 32.6 billion. Thats one guy and one oil company, so don't sit back and preach about how they're driving the economy, they're driving money into their own pockets. I'm not saying that they don't help and influence the economy, but they can do the same thing at a slightly lower profit margin.
                                You could say the same thing about almost any industry in regards to ceo pay and company profits, that is a shitty argument. If that's all you have, that and average joe saving 10 bucks a tank, you don't really understand how huge this industry is and how it effects the economy, especially the economy in texas.
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X