Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Semi Auto Shotguns? Beretta 1301 Tactical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
    I added a limbsaver recoil pad on my 1301 Tac and it made it more pleasant to shoot. My pump i can run all day just fine, but the 1301 was just a beating to fire without the limbsaver.
    Really? I didn't have any problems with mine (especially when compared to my Winchester pump) shooting a few boxes of buckshot.

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    Sweet man! Glad you like it. Here's that shroud, in case you need it.

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bere...d-kit/eu00074/
    Haven't had any problems in that respect yet but I'm still practicing with loading/unloading it. Mostly what I've had is loading shells and not pushing it fully into the tube and it wanting to feed into the chamber (double loading). I've gotten some practice unjamming it

Comment

How exactly do you bend an action bar on a pump shotgun? For shells fired out of a pump I'm probably over the half a million mark and I've never personally seen an action bar bent that I can recall at the moment.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Half a million shotgun shells!
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
          Half a million shotgun shells!
          I shot shotguns competitively for about 12 years. For people that do that i was on the low side.

I frequently shoot 2 to 6 flats of shells in a weekend even today.

Edit: I still buy hulls 5000 at a time about every 2 years if that gives you are idea about how much I shoot.
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018, 03:17 PM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This was about 4 years ago and they bought the newest camo versions at Cabela's. I think they bought them and just went straight to the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              This was about 4 years ago and they bought the newest camo versions at Cabela's. I think they bought them and just went straight to the lease.
              We're not talking about the same A5 then. Those A 5s are like comparing a Hot Wheels car named a GT40 a real GT40 from back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                How exactly do you bend an action bar on a pump shotgun? For shells fired out of a pump I'm probably over the half a million mark and I've never personally seen an action bar bent that I can recall at the moment.
                I would suspect that abusing them at rental ranges is a pretty good place to start. I haven't had the pleasure yet, but I don't try to pump a shotgun like a movie gunslinger. People fuck them up all the time. They bend them on disassembly. They bend them on reassembly. They notice the action feels "weird" or "draggy" after putting it back together, and try to muscle through it.

EDIT: You know a lot of people that buy guns don't have the experience you do, right? Ham-fisted ogres buy things and mash them apart like a retard with a rabbit. It happens.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                  We're not talking about the same A5 then. Those A 5s are like comparing a Hot Wheels car named a GT40 a real GT40 from back in the day.
                  I agree.

I have a Belgium made A5 from the early 70s I believe, and I've have never had an issue with it. I've shot in rain where the shotgun got mud all over it and in dusty spots as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                    I agree.

I have a Belgium made A5 from the early 70s I believe, and I've have never had an issue with it. I've shot in rain where the shotgun got mud all over it and in dusty spots as well.
                    I don't think I've shot any of my A5s in 15 years or more. I have some of the early Remington versions, The Savage versions, and a few of the real Browning ones. My preferred old school shotgun is a Winchester Model 12, as semi-autos go I prefer the Winchester Super X model 1. The majority of my competitive shooting was with a Model 12 but I have busted a lot of clays with a super x 1 amongst others. When it comes to a side by side or an over and under I like the Winchester 21 for a side by side and I like the Browning superposed for an over under. I have a super sweet Winchester 21 in a high-grade that I've had for the better part of 20 years or more, unfortunately I don't really like shooting side by sides. I have one Browning superposed that is a base model with a lot of finish worn off of it but I had the action tightened up a few years ago and it is a bird slaying machine. I took it with me on a hunt this past weekend but unfortunately it was rained out. One day I would like to get some presentation grade wood put on to the Browning superposed. I bought a set of Midas grade wood for superposed on eBay but mine was a much earlier gun and the wood that I picked up was for the later model gun.
                    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-11-2018, 09:07 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=YALE;1700708]Ham-fisted ogres...[QUOTE]

Whoa! Hey! Calm down, now.

Comment

[quote=jluv;1701135][QUOTE=YALE;1700708]Ham-fisted ogres...

Whoa! Hey! Calm down, now.
                        Was that comment directed to you LOL!?

Comment

Remington: 870 Tac-14 Hardwood 12 Gauge Pump-Action with 14-Inch Barrel for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
                          The shockwave is cool, but I prefer the Tac 14 hardwood. They’ve been hell to find, but I ended up with two.

https://www.remington.com/other-prod...ac-14-hardwood

Comment

[quote=Jose;1701148][quote=jluv;1701135]
                            Ham-fisted ogres...

Was that comment directed to you LOL!?
                            Not directly, I’m sure. I was just messin’.

Comment

You are the gentlest ogre in your valley. I have never seen you mash stuff apart.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You are the gentlest ogre in your valley. I have never seen you mash stuff apart... on purpose
                                Fixed!

Comment

Working...
                                X