No announcement yet.

President-Elect Joe Biden declared today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they really push this defund the police and they all quit in droves. Let the big Democrat cities go to shit. Let the natives take over. I could give a fuck now being as I moved the hell away from a blue state and city. Give them what they want. I’ll watch the fireworks from afar.

Comment

Anything that reduces police budgets is an absolute win.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        No, it's really not, because they will step up civil asset forfeiture to compensate. Now, if the dems could get rid of that, I would be 100% behind it.

Comment

Based on a legal analysis I read on Friday there is a good chance that every ballot in PA received after 8pm on the night of the election will not be counted. It is a long story but essentially that "win" for the Dems before the PA state SC that you saw in the news just before the election is going to be overturned. We will see though.

Biden is for sale so you are going to see a very schizophrenic type of government doing whatever the highest bidder, in dollar and political terms, wants.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
            It ain't over til they swear the motherfucker in.
            This. They've been declaring, and declaring, and declaring. I imagine they'll keep doing that up until the day we actually know who it is. If trump gets them on all the fraud and cheating, they'll keep declaring it's biden for at least 2 years into Trump's presidency.

Defund the police, eh?
            WH

Comment

Genuinely interested in the logic here.

Many departments are understaffed. Cutting funding will lead to an exacerbation of this issue. In turn, more oportunity for poor judgement to be made by overwhelemed and over worked police force. As well as more officers with less training being put on the job.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Many departments are understaffed. Cutting funding will lead to an exacerbation of this issue. In turn, more oportunity for poor judgement to be made by overwhelemed and over worked police force. As well as more officers with less training being put on the job.

I am of the opinion the police should not have any gear / weapons that are not readily available to the public. They don’t need MRAPs or any other stupid shit, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I am of the opinion the police should not have any gear / weapons that are not readily available to the public. They don’t need MRAPs or any other stupid shit, either.
                  So does reducing their funding resolve that? Or should it be reappropriated to proper training and more focus on having enough officers to handle the load in more populated areas?

Comment

The police should deputize the citizens then and just let the Wild West return.

Comment

So does reducing their funding resolve that? Or should it be reappropriated to proper training and more focus on having enough officers to handle the load in more populated areas?

I think his point is that you cant truely be a small-government, low tax republican without having a reduction in all kinds of spending, including the tax enforcers/law enforcement that is a significant part of government spending.

Plus, we all know there is countless amounts of wasteful spending in law enforcement just like all over goverment entity, especially when you consider both use-it-or-lose-it budgeting and all the tricks police unions do to get 2x and even 3x overtime for normal duty cops gaming the system.

Comment

Eliminating them entirely would be my preference.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        No, it's really not, because they will step up civil asset forfeiture to compensate. Now, if the dems could get rid of that, I would be 100% behind it.
                        Many states already have laws on the books limiting what the police can do in regards to civil forfeiture. The kick back on that has already begun.

Police departments are not understaffed or underfunded; they are massively overstaffed and overfunded for the job that they should be doing.
                        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 11-08-2020, 12:21 PM.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

There's none to be had, other than the standard political views we've seen lately from people who want the police defunded. They're mad at the police! They heard they shot some black guy in the back as he was running away having just committed a felony! Rabble rabble rabble!
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            There's none to be had, other than the standard political views we've seen lately from people who want the police defunded. They're mad at the police! They heard they shot some black guy in the back as he was running away having just committed a felony! Rabble rabble rabble!
                            I'm quite happy that the police shoot black guys and I still want to eliminate the police. They don't really serve a purpose in our society that could not be met elsewhere.

Do you understand where Modern police departments originated from or their purpose? Why do we have multiple agencies for law enforcement in each County across the entire country? Do we really need four or five law enforcement agencies in a county or would one suffice?
                            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              I'm quite happy that the police shoot black guys and I still want to eliminate the police. They don't really serve a purpose in our society that could not be met elsewhere.

Do you understand where Modern police departments originated from or their purpose? Why do we have multiple agencies for law enforcement in each County across the entire country? Do we really need four or five law enforcement agencies in a county or would one suffice?
                              How would a single police force, in say a county, require less funding than multiple? I get that you would reduce costs through elimination of fewer layers of supervision and command, however the number of officers is still necessary. I'm not referencing a largely populated county, more so rural counties. Counties with multiple small towns where the county sherriff often provides support for cities that can only afford to staff one or two officers.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                                I think his point is that you cant truely be a small-government, low tax republican without having a reduction in all kinds of spending, including the tax enforcers/law enforcement that is a significant part of government spending.

Plus, we all know there is countless amounts of wasteful spending in law enforcement just like all over goverment entity, especially when you consider both use-it-or-lose-it budgeting and all the tricks police unions do to get 2x and even 3x overtime for normal duty cops gaming the system.
                                I can pretty much agree with all of that. I wasn't trying to be condescending in any of it. Just trying to spurvsome healthy debate. We have all seen the defund the police, Trump is Satan, Biden is a Pedo rhetoric and 99.9% of the time, it is accompanied by nothing, just regurgitation.

It takes honest, genuine, debate and exchange of ideas and thought processes to really garner enough support to change ANY of this!

Comment

Working...
                                X