DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,179
Default Beto: May Run for President

I'm thinking about running for president



Beto O’Rourke said Tuesday he’s giving serious consideration to a run for president and he’ll make a decision by the end of Feburary.

O’Rourke ran the most competitive Democratic statewide campaign in decades against GOP Sen. Ted Cruz for one of Texas’ U.S. Senate seats in 2018, but ultimately fell a few points short. In the process he became a darling of Democrats in Texas and around the country and generated buzz about a potential run for president in 2020.

O’Rourke told Oprah Winfrey in an interview on Tuesday afternoon that he’s “thinking about running for president.” The friendly crowd watching the taping applauded.

"I’m so excited at the prospect of being able to play that role,” O’Rourke said.

He said the final determination will be if his family is OK with him running for president.

O’Rourke also put forth a timeframe for a decision for the first time, saying he would need to choose “really soon.”

“Before the end of this month,” O’Rourke said.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,179
Default

Who didn't see this coming? It would be funny to watch a fake Mexican debating a fake Comanche Indian debating Kamala and Booker and God-only-knows-who-else the Democrats throw into the fire. Trump will hopefully have a field day with these clowns.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #3
helosailor
Blow me down
 
helosailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USS Awesomesauce
Posts: 12,322
Default

Got beaten handily in his home state by a marginally popular opponent? Check
Running for President with no discernible platform, what could possibly go wrong? Also check.


__________________
"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."
helosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
BP
infidel
 
BP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 19,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Got beaten handily in his home state by a marginally popular opponent? Check
Running for President with no discernible platform, what could possibly go wrong? Also check.
I'm just glad he's not planning on running against Cornyn because he could probably win that one.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 AM   #5
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,709
Default

He likely knows he could never win, and is just using this to gain popularity and make money through other means. Happens frequently
__________________
WAH HAA!
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #6
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14
 
line-em-up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,369
Default

I don't know about that. Much like Obummer, he seems to be their golden boy. I don't think it would take much real campaigning on his part; just a whole lot of money and propaganda and empty promises. Hell, he didn't even say anything of substance in Texas and damn near won.
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:50 AM   #7
Gasser64
Lifer
 
Gasser64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,709
Default

I'd say he might get a little further, but he's white, and he's a man. They don't really care what country he lies about being from. He looks to be white, and appears to be male. Too many points deducted. Its why biden can't win, and bernie can't win. Things have gone even further left now, than when bernie was a contender. Now he's a white man that they don't want. What they want is a woman, and they prefer that she be brown. But they'll settle for just having a woman. For now.

The picture is becoming more and more clear as time goes by. These days the wedge issues that they use to divide and conquer are more easily identified and shot down. The "patriarchy" is to be replaced with the matriarchy. That way through socialism, they can mother the country right into the grave. Which is known to happen with women, they've got emotions where brains should be, for the most part. They've got enough brains to exist and survive (sort of) and the rest is all feelings. Many of them will even admit to this. Works great for the survival of the species. Not so great if you want to prosper though.
__________________
WAH HAA!

Last edited by Gasser64; 02-06-2019 at 07:58 AM.
Gasser64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #8
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,062
Default

With the possibilities of mental patients on deck for the primaries he has the most promise of getting through the democratic gauntlet of insanity.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:39 AM   #9
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helosailor View Post
Got beaten handily in his home state by a marginally popular opponent? Check
Running for President with no discernible platform, what could possibly go wrong? Also check.
You just described Obama, though Obama had the race card in his pocket, much moreso than vanilla Beto's Hispanic claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by line-em-up View Post
I don't know about that. Much like Obummer, he seems to be their golden boy. I don't think it would take much real campaigning on his part; just a whole lot of money and propaganda and empty promises. Hell, he didn't even say anything of substance in Texas and damn near won.
Exactly. Cruz's victory was a nail biter.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:44 AM   #10
The King
Lifer
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 14,726
Default

Beto's last name is working against him.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
S_K
Drive fast - live slow
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 1,812
Default

Don't be fooled - this guy or someone like him will make a serious run. Texas was a trial run for 2020. The Democrats will put on a "full-court" campaign like we have never seen before. They realized that Hilary, Bernie and Biden weren't viable because they were old an out of touch with the younger (and more impressionable voters). The next guy will be a "JFK - reborn".
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
GeorgeG.
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Van Alstyne
Posts: 5,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Don't be fooled - this guy or someone like him will make a serious run. Texas was a trial run for 2020. The Democrats will put on a "full-court" campaign like we have never seen before. They realized that Hilary, Bernie and Biden weren't viable because they were old an out of touch with the younger (and more impressionable voters). The next guy will be a "JFK - reborn".

Holy chit, this actually makes a lot of sense. Scary.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 03:27 PM   #13
orphan Shelby
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Donkin'ville
Posts: 1,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Don't be fooled - this guy or someone like him will make a serious run. Texas was a trial run for 2020. The Democrats will put on a "full-court" campaign like we have never seen before. They realized that Hilary, Bernie and Biden weren't viable because they were old an out of touch with the younger (and more impressionable voters). The next guy will be a "JFK - reborn".
That's what I'm thinking. Worked for bill being so hip ,lol
orphan Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:49 PM   #14
Broncojohnny
Lifer
 
Broncojohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,464
Default

He doesn't have the minority draw. But really no one else does either.

He also committed suicide during the Texas campaign by not taking any positions and then coming out for the most extreme leftist shit he could. Like abolishing ICE. All of that will be pulled right out of the closet during the campaign. He damn sure isn't JFK reborn or any of that bullshit and he also doesn't stand a chance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:42 PM   #15
soap
I ♥️ 🐄
 
soap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: xbox live
Posts: 5,160
Default

Hillary will probably steal denomination anyway like she did with Sanders. I pray every night of every minute that that bitch will run against trump again.
__________________
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄
soap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #16
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14
 
line-em-up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,369
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by soap View Post
Hillary will probably steal denomination anyway like she did with Sanders. I pray every night of every minute that that bitch will run against trump again.
denomination? Is that like Lewis Derrick?
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
S_K
Drive fast - live slow
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Allen, TX
Posts: 1,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
He doesn't have the minority draw. But really no one else does either.

He also committed suicide during the Texas campaign by not taking any positions and then coming out for the most extreme leftist shit he could. Like abolishing ICE. All of that will be pulled right out of the closet during the campaign. He damn sure isn't JFK reborn or any of that bullshit and he also doesn't stand a chance.
Don't be so naive. That's why Obama got a second term. Trump got in only because people pulled their head out of their asses for a minute. Don't count on it twice in a row.

It may not be Beto, but it will be somebody like him. The Democrats don't care who is President as long as it's their guy and he does what he is told. They just need somebody young, hip and charismatic. That's how they got Bill in, That's how they got Obama in. That's where they failed last time.
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #18
Broncojohnny
Lifer
 
Broncojohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 43,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Don't be so naive. That's why Obama got a second term. Trump got in only because people pulled their head out of their asses for a minute. Don't count on it twice in a row.

It may not be Beto, but it will be somebody like him. The Democrats don't care who is President as long as it's their guy and he does what he is told. They just need somebody young, hip and charismatic. That's how they got Bill in, That's how they got Obama in. That's where they failed last time.
This thread is about Beto. Not about some other candidate. And Iíll say it again... zero chance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:54 PM   #19
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
VIP Member
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
This thread is about Beto. Not about some other candidate. And Iíll say it again... zero chance.
There were probably plenty of people that thought the same thing about Obama. God knows there were millions that swore Trump would never get elected. Never say never.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #20
mardyn
Lifer
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,188
Default

Dems will try and make Beto the next JFK... and likely pair him with a minority women... don't think the Dems won't have every dirty trick in the book out to ensure Trump is defeated next time.

mardyn
mardyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
collin county sweetmeat, nay loves beto's cock, nay want altright dik, nay want dat commie cock, nay will give em handjob, nay will suck him, nayexvote4trump

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.