DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 02-09-2019, 09:48 AM   #21
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

She is to the Dems what Trump is for us. Trump exposed the Rinos for what they are and she is exposing Dems for what they are. Together they are showing that D&Rs are two sides of the same coin. Do not discount her.
SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:27 AM   #22
sc281
Lifer

She's absolutely a blessing.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy, but I can still approve of her tactics.

She's bringing the choice the left offers into full focus and in perfect contrast to the right's - with the added bonus of degrading the establishment libs as we have done the establishment repubs.

The downside is that, with the lines that are being drawn and every side feels they're being threatened, the odds of violent conflict keep going higher.
sc281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #23
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM View Post
Stupid has a name....
Ocasio earned an economics degree, so she is at least not book-smart stupid.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #24
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281 View Post
She's absolutely a blessing.

The enemy of my enemy is still my enemy, but I can still approve of her tactics.

She's bringing the choice the left offers into full focus and in perfect contrast to the right's - with the added bonus of degrading the establishment libs as we have done the establishment repubs.

The downside is that, with the lines that are being drawn and every side feels they're being threatened, the odds of violent conflict keep going higher.
Keep keepin’ it 100 homie.

This is absolutely correct.
SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #25
Jimbo
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post
FWIW, Pelosi announced the members of the new climate select committee, and AOC is not on the roster.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...ittee-not-snub

Freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Speaker Nancy Pelosi invited her to serve on a select committee studying climate change solutions, but she opted against it because she’s already on an Oversight and Reform subcommittee on the environment.

“She did in fact invite me to be on the committee,” the New York Democrat said. “So I don’t think this is a snub.”

Ocasio-Cortez’s comments on the select committee came Thursday during a press conference she and Massachusetts Sen. Ed Markey held to unveil their resolution calling for a “Green New Deal.”
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #26
sc281
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc281 View Post
sc281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:13 AM   #27
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Ocasio earned an economics degree, so she is at least not book-smart stupid.
Yes but as the last decade or two has proven, book smart can still be real, reeeeal fucking stupid. Smartest man in america (Chris langan Iq 200) says he finds that these people often are not capable of much real thought. Critical thinking, problem solving, even stuff like spatial awareness. That many times they're just good at memorizing so they'll be great at taking tests. They'll look like the best thing since sliced bread with a 4.0 gpa at an ivy league. And they should've just been kindergarten teachers or some such.

If I had to hazard some kind of a guess, I'd pin it on wisdom. If your wisdom score is too low, you are quite fucked in life. Regardless of intelligence score. Sounds like Dungeons and Dragons. Too bad we don't test for wisdom, but I'd love it if we could. What would the questions be like? The easy ones might be something like:

Do you take only a little bit of money now (but you get it right now) or a lot of money later? (but you don't get it until much later).

Like Peterson says, it has something to do with the ability to delay gratification, which largely comes from evolution. People who come from way down south, there isn't much winter so they never really developed much in the way of delaying gratification. However with europeans, the story is much different. Up until about 80 years ago, if you didn't delay gratification in europe, you died. So the people from places where winter is mild at most, think that "You're just being greedy and mean!" if you don't want to just share whatever you've got with anyone and everyone.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:45 AM   #28
Craizie
Cracka
VIP Member

Wtf
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #29
AnthonyS
Lifer

Never go full r'tard.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #30
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE
VIP Member

That's up to ~$285,000 per US citizen, or $728,000 per US household.

Even if it comes out that this study isn't completely accurate, it should be noted that 89% of the estimated cost is from the bullshit social agenda part of the batshit crazy plan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ng-93-trillion

Quote:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal Could Cost $93 Trillion, Group Says

By Ari Natter
February 25, 2019, 11:13 AM CST Updated on February 25, 2019, 12:43 PM CST

- Republican-aligned think tank estimates cost of proposed plan
- Plan backer Markey says analysis relies on ‘lazy assumptions’

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ambitious plan to fight climate change won’t be cheap, according to a Republican-aligned think tank led by a former Congressional Budget Office director.

The so-called Green New Deal may tally between $51 trillion and $93 trillion over 10-years, concludes American Action Forum, which is run by Douglas Holtz-Eakin, who directed the non-partisan CBO from from 2003 to 2005.

That includes between $8.3 trillion and $12.3 trillion to meet the plan’s call to eliminate carbon emissions from the power and transportation sectors and between $42.8 trillion and $80.6 trillion for its economic agenda including providing jobs and health care for all.

“The Green New Deal is clearly very expensive,” the group said in its analysis. “It’s further expansion of the federal government’s role in some of the most basic decisions of daily life, however, would likely have a more lasting and damaging impact than its enormous price tag.”

Backers of the plan say cost of inaction would be more expensive. The resolution itself, released earlier this month by Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Democratic Senator Ed Markey points to a major report on global warming released by the United Nations last October that says catastrophic climate change could cost more than $500 billion annually in lost economic output in the U.S. by 2100.

“Any so-called ‘analysis’ of the #GreenNewDeal that includes artificially inflated numbers that rely on lazy assumptions, incl. about policies that aren’t even in the resolution is bogus," Markey said on Twitter. “Putting a price on a resolution of principles, not policies, is just Big Oil misinformation.”

Representatives of Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Republicans have embraced the sweeping plan because they think they can use it to cast Democrats as extreme, take back seats in Congress and possibly keep the White House in 2020.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 10:22 PM   #31
32vfromhell
Lifer

The battle between the far left and the center-leaning democrats is going to be this coming election cycles biggest story
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 AM   #32
BP
infidel

I don't have a clue who the democrats are going to nominate but she's doing a great job of making liberals look almost reasonable. They propped Bernie up to make Hillary look like a centrist but I don't think anyone expected him to do as well as he did.

If they ever manage to do away with the electoral college our country is doomed.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:17 PM   #33
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I don't have a clue who the democrats are going to nominate but she's doing a great job of making liberals look almost reasonable. They propped Bernie up to make Hillary look like a centrist but I don't think anyone expected him to do as well as he did.

If they ever manage to do away with the electoral college our country is doomed.
We’re fucked no matter what. The big cities are going full retard. Look at the recent house elections, which OAC is a good example, and that’s how the cities will vote. Since cities are growing rapidly and most lack the skills or toughness to live outside a major city, it won’t be long before the cities have the majority in most states. TX will turn blue soon due to these city idiots voting dem for freesies. Once that happens, the only thing that can unfuck it is civil war.

We are on the path for OAC or some shitbird northern Jew hater to be President sooner rather than later. With any luck at we can at least delay it four more years.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:58 AM   #34
46Tbird
Yip Yip Yip

"Presidential campaigns shed intense light on candidates and the policies they propose. One suspects support for the Green New Deal might crack once the American public learns the program will cost them their jobs, cars, doctors, flights, homes, heat, and electricity, among other pleasures.

Then the 2020 candidates will face an unpleasant choice: reverse course, thereby revealing themselves as the empty-suited opportunists that they are, or else persist in following an ignorant 20-something bartender down the path to electoral ruin. Leadership entails difficult decisions. The Democrats who would lead the free world will soon regret not making those decisions sooner."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/alex...defeat-in-2020
Old 03-01-2019, 04:28 PM   #35
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
"Presidential campaigns shed intense light on candidates and the policies they propose. One suspects support for the Green New Deal might crack once the American public learns the program will cost them their jobs, cars, doctors, flights, homes, heat, and electricity, among other pleasures.

Then the 2020 candidates will face an unpleasant choice: reverse course, thereby revealing themselves as the empty-suited opportunists that they are, or else persist in following an ignorant 20-something bartender down the path to electoral ruin. Leadership entails difficult decisions. The Democrats who would lead the free world will soon regret not making those decisions sooner."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/alex...defeat-in-2020
This is written using logic and reasoning. The average city dweller is barely smart enough to select all the D’s on the ballot and has neither logic nor reasoning. If they had either, they wouldn’t elect blatant morons, which is what they have done.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #36
Broncojohnny
Lifer

The plan is to let these idiots run around and act like Communists and then the reasonable Democrat will come in and look moderate by comparison. This is all simply a set up for some one like Joe Biden to come in on a moderate platform as "good old Uncle Joe" and be the aww shucks middle of the road choice who makes these idiots and Trump look like extremists. He'll have a whole platform of moderate phoney baloney bullshit to go along with it too.

The propagandists in the media will fall right in with the DNC's chosen horse when it is revealed, just like they did with Hillary.

The reality is that the Democrats have to have either a white person who appeals to minorities or a minority who appeals to white people. Without that simple formula in place, they don't have much of a chance because not many people, city dweller or not, are going to fall for what these people are spouting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.
Broncojohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:41 AM   #37
bubbaearl
Time Served

my guess is biden / harris .
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:09 AM   #38
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Harris's family owned black slaves in Jamaica back in the day.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #39
bubbaearl
Time Served

liberals dont care . they are voting for pie in the sky. women will vote for any woman who runs just like the black voter went to obama. there is no democrat party now.
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #40
SS Junk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojohnny View Post
The plan is to let these idiots run around and act like Communists and then the reasonable Democrat will come in and look moderate by comparison. This is all simply a set up for some one like Joe Biden to come in on a moderate platform as "good old Uncle Joe" and be the aww shucks middle of the road choice who makes these idiots and Trump look like extremists.
Beto is supposedly considering running. I know he's insane, but seems to be more charismatic than the rest of them. I am not sure the DNC will want to endorse a late 70's fossil in 2020?
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote