how to remove exhaust residue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove exhaust residue?

My car is white and the rear bumper where the exhaust fumes exits has stained the paint. Regular washing doesn't remove it. What can I try to get it off? Or is the paint burnt from the exhaust and its gonna be permanent?
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Originally posted by spederman View Post
    My car is white and the rear bumper where the exhaust fumes exits has stained the paint. Regular washing doesn't remove it. What can I try to get it off? Or is the paint burnt from the exhaust and its gonna be permanent?
    Clay, then polishing the paint will remove it.

I see alot of this with desiels and it's not a big problem using these steps. Then again, these folks are asking for details and not just a regular wash.

Comment

Yes, using a clay bar or even some real light sandpaper, 2000 grit or higher and some lightduty compound will usually get the stains off or at least not too noticable.

English color has two different types of Clay bars a blue and red, the red is a little more coarse if there is such a thing. And it usually gets most anything out, I would try this before the sandpaper route.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

For a novice who has never used clay before, I'd steer them towards the blue clay or to head to autozone and pick up a box of "clay magic"

If you aren't sure of what you're doing with the red clay (aggressive) you can do more harm than good.

Comment

cool, thanks for the tips guys. yeah, i have no clue what i'm doing when it comes to polishing/waxing/rubbing compounds. I'll have to get the clay magic.
          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
            cool, thanks for the tips guys. yeah, i have no clue what i'm doing when it comes to polishing/waxing/rubbing compounds. I'll have to get the clay magic.
            Magic eraser will take it off in seconds.
            Originally posted by The King
            I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
              Magic eraser will take it off in seconds.
              That Magic Eraser is God's gift to parents of artistic kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                lol
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

Bahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                  X