Hurricane-relief Guardsmen tossed out of armory - for Victoria's Secret show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

Victoria's Secret representatives did not immediately respond to Yahoo! Shine's request for comment, but they told Fashionista that the guardsmen's temporary relocation was planned long ago—the lingerie company isn't kicking the soldiers out.
    we had this reserved !!

Hurrican victims be dammd!

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
      we had this reserved !!

Hurrican victims be dammd!
      Jesus crist your a idiot! It sounds to me like they jumped thru their ass helping the guard. Did you even read the story?

Comment

Would you like to buy a vowel?
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yahoo will lie through their teeth. They have 0 credibility in my eyes.

And naynay obviously has never heard of a RINO

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/vi...190500953.html

When Superstorm Sandy hit the Northeast last week, soldiers with the New York Army National Guard's 69th Infantry regiment quickly found themselves in the same situation as the people they were trying to help—without electricity or hot water, stuck in the city, supplies quickly dwindling.

But the guardsmen, who usually act as angels to others during a national disaster, had an unusual guardian angel of their own.

"We were dead in the water until Victoria's Secret showed up," Captain Brendan Gendron, the Regiment's operations officer, told Wired magazine.

Victoria's Secret is slated to hold its annual fashion show at the New York Army National Guard's historic armory on 25th Street and Lexington in Manhattan on Wednesday, and producers were already in town to prep for the televised event when the storm hit. They had eight 500-kilowatt generators with them, and they were happy to put them to good use. Soon, the soldiers had power and hot water again.

A few hours later, Victoria's Secret producers figured out a way to restore power to the whole armory.

"They went into the basement and found the main switch connecting the century-old landmark to the lines of Con Edison, the local utility," Wired reported. "The idea was to shut down the connection between Con Ed, then attach the Victoria Secret lines during to the armory's busbar—the long metal strips that conduct electricity to a switchboard. It was a kludge, and it had to be done right: the producers didn't want to fry the building when the local Con Ed substation finally started generating electricity again."

The lingerie company also made sure that the solders' communication systems were up and running, even though local cell towers were still down. Victoria's Secret consulting producer Dave Shapiro had leased a T1 line—a dedicated internet connection—which they let the armory use.

"We plopped two routers in their command center," Shapiro told Wired, "and now they're sitting on our internet backbone."

The Natural Guard is state-funded, not federally funded, and National Guard armories are usually bare-bones storage facilities, not robust military outposts. So when the Federal Emergency Management Agency started bringing tractor-trailers full of emergency supplies for the soldiers to repackage and distribute, the New York National Guard had to turn to the Victoria's Secret crew once more—this time to borrow their fork lift.

But even with soldiers pouring in from other outposts, the fashion show must go on. About 300 soldiers who have been staying at the armory since Sandy blew through town are being displaced so that Victoria's Secret can set up temporary dressing rooms for scantily-clad models and musical guests Rihanna and Justin Bieber, according to the New York Post. The soldiers will be staying five or 10 to a room at the Jacob Javits Center, the Harlem Armory, and a handful of hotels, the newspaper reported.

Victoria's Secret representatives did not immediately respond to Yahoo! Shine's request for comment, but they told Fashionista that the guardsmen's temporary relocation was planned long ago—the lingerie company isn't kicking the soldiers out.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Fiux View Post
            You are a fucking idiot if you think this... or a stupid wannabe troll. Which you failed at.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
            solid post bro, hope your conservative ways fare you well in oregon, lol.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
              Yahoo will lie through their teeth. They have 0 credibility in my eyes.

And naynay obviously has never heard of a RINO
              you are 14 years old. go to your room!
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                Jesus crist your a idiot! It sounds to me like they jumped thru their ass helping the guard. Did you even read the story?
                Coming from lefty scum am i supposed to care ?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                  Coming from lefty scum am i supposed to care ?

lol
                  There's been so many people call you a idiot on this site I'm surprised the mods haven't changed your name to idiot.

Comment

Seriously ? YOURE telling ME this ? whahaha

ROFL

short memory i guess

Comment

I just do it in the political section were everyone else is being a idiot also. You do it everywhere.

Comment

Except no i dont but sure ok whatever makes you feel better man

Comment

yeah you do when you ask dumb shit like" if i take my entire front suspension apart, will i have to have it realigned when i kinda figure out how to put it back together?"
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Sorry but i never asked taht question .

ever

care to try again

Comment

Working...
                            X