Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I think America will be CHANGEd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I think America will be CHANGEd

So as the days go by, I get more and more pissed off at my generation. I'm 19 years old, a hair on my dick if I'm lucky. However, it seems that I have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

SCHOOLS SUCK
    1.) our school system is failing our children. The purposeful acts of dumbing down our students is more obvious than ever. State mandated tests prove my point. What do they test for, how stupid kids are? My junior level exit test had simple multiplication on it.. So if our students are uneducated and unable to critically think, the government will achieve this goal, and allow for a naive voter block unable to think for themselves or rise up against the gov.

PARENTS ARE GARBAGE
    2.) Not only is it the schools failing the children, it is with the help of the parents. I remeber being told by my mom that when she went to school, things were different. If you acted up, the choice was to either get your ass paddled, or you would have to call dad. 99% chose to get paddled, and the 1% were made fun of for being a pussy. Today, if you get in trouble, (keep in mind I'm fresh out of HS) if you get in trouble for something, the first thing you do is call your parents and have them come up to fight for you and complain to the schools. Instead of leading our kids with strong hands, we lead them them to believe that they are not responsible for their actions and that there are no consequences. Occupy the masses with social media and other treats, then they will become selfish and have a lack of love and care for the country. The parents and children of today are not the same as the people who built this place looking for freedom and a better life for their families and others.

THE FALL OF THE DOLLAR
    3.) This is a big one for me. Fiscal responsibility would require a policy similar to one that a household would follow. Take in more than you spend, contribute to the rainy day fund, take care of your dependants and protect yourself and family adequately. Yet, our government, in my opinion, fully understands this concept but they chose to go down a different path. We spend more than we should, but the key to this arguement is that we are doing it on purpose. Normally, in order for a country to get out of debt and/or to pay bills, the fed shall produce bonds, sell them to the people or to a foreign country promising repayment + interest. However, since we are no longer trusted by other countries, we purchase our own debt. Produce bonds, then buy them with our own money that is fresh off of the printing press. Hello inflation. This will become a major problem, soon, especially once the dollar is no longer the standard and countries begin to unload our currency. There are countries that literally have pallets of our money just sitting there.

POSSIBLE SCENARIO
    IMO, our government will devalue our currency so bad, on purpose to cause inflation, or even hyperinflation. Once this begins to happen, and our credit ratings are incredibly low, foreign countries will get rid of our money flooding the money with USD, creating an even worse inflation problem. In the instance that our currency is so worthless, the rich will be able to purchase much of the countries assets while the lower 99% will become "working class." Since it will be so incredibly cheap for the foreign countries to deal with our devalued dollars, they can come in and setup shop producing cheap cheap goods, and America will become a huge exporter. Since everything will be taxed, the government incomes will be huge and it would be easier for them to pay off the debt at that point, all on the backs of the working class, which will be all the people who will be working just to put bread on the table.

America will be dramatically reformed. Yes, there may be a few holes in my thinking, and this definitely is not all of my thoughts, but I just have a real bad feeling about what is going on. I have a few thoughts on what will happen with interest rates and other economic factors, but this is the main idea of what I think may happen...discuss?
    Last edited by Dlachance; 11-07-2012, 09:34 PM.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Do you live in Colorado?

Comment

I agree, your generation sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
        Do you live in Colorado?
        I don't toke, nice try though!
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Don't forget the sense of entitlement. It's hard to get anyone under 30 to work overtime now, and the folks we interview want big salaries right out of school and 10-20% annual raises (no connection to real market rates).

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Im taking this as you disagree with me?

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
            Don't forget the sense of entitlement. It's hard to get anyone under 30 to work overtime now, and the folks we interview want big salaries right out of school and 10-20% annual raises (no connection to real market rates).
            That's incredible. Most kids, at least who I went to school with, believe they will pop out of college with 100k-200k jobs right off the bat, owning their own companies etc. It is crazy, and like you said, they feel entitled. This girl I knew cried because her parents got here the "wrong color" 3 series bimmer, I kid you not.
            Detailing by Dylan
            817-494-3396
            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

No, I agree your generation sucks! I skimmed it and that's my conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlachance View Post
                This girl I knew cried because her parents got here the "wrong color" 3 series bimmer, I kid you not.
                LOL! That's called "First World problems".

Comment

Correct you if you're wrong, eh?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    The baby boomers took this nation from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation. They successfully fucked this nation in one generation.

Good going!
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Working...
                    X