Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really and maybe I'm not refined enough. There were target stands and places to put stuff. It was nothing fancy, but no worst than Garland/Gibsons as far as features. There were 3 spots to shoot from, but it's not a busy range.

Anyway, I put it out there for the list. It's an acceptable range - but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with the membership. If it were not for that, it would be my go to range for rifles and ARs.

There were people using the various buildings they had and some other things. *I* just did not use them. Either way, if Garland and especially Gibsons are on the list...
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

Anyway, I put it out there for the list. It's an acceptable range - but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with the membership. If it were not for that, it would be my go to range for rifles and ARs.
      ARs aren't rifles now?
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        ARs aren't rifles now?
        Fair enough...prick.

Comment

Also a buddy pointed out that Adrenaline Proving Grounds is LEO only now...

Greenville Police Department Range
          The City of Greenville Police Department Range is located 4.6 miles west of old downtown Greenville in Hunt County, Texas, about 0.4 miles south from Highway 380 on County Road 2146.

This range has four very large action pistol bays. Three are reserved for CCIDPA on match days, leaving one for Greenville PD use. This allows us to set up six to nine stages per match at this facility.

Note: This facility was previously the Adrenalin Proving Grounds (APG) range. It was purchased by the City of Greenville in early 2010 for use by the City of Greenville Police Department and other GPD-approved entities. This range is no longer open for use by the general public. CCIDPA has arranged with the City of Greenville and the Greenville Police Department to continue to host matches at this facility.

Comment

Went to eagle Gun Range in Lewisville today. 20/all day.

Nice clean range, nice people.

Comment

Wanted to add this to the list:
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                added
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Eagle Gun Range
                  The Most Advanced Gun Range in DFW | We offer the best LTC class in Dallas.

491 W. Valley Ridge Blvd. , Lewisville, TX 75057

Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 10AM - 9PM
                  Saturday 9AM - 9PM Sunday 1PM - 8PM
                  $20per day...$5 discount for 2nd shooter same lane(rate good for all day/ come and go in same day)
                  Memberships available

Facilities: 24 lanes at 25 yds. Pistols/Rifles/Shotguns .... FMJ allowed...no .50 cal or over ammo, slugs only for shotguns.
                  No rapid fire/double tapping.
                  Last edited by jefehbk; 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why isn't Eagle Gun Range added to the list? It's an excellent facility. $5 for Lady's Night on Tuesday, if you want to take the wife or GF.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                      Why isn't Eagle Gun Range added to the list? It's an excellent facility. $5 for Lady's Night on Tuesday, if you want to take the wife or GF.

http://www.eaglegunrangetx1.com/
                      The original poster (Osiris, a.k.a. Luis) is deceased. And I know if I was a mod, I would be able to bring myself to edit any of his posts.

Also, Eagle apparently had a pretty decent fire yesterday. Apparently, someone was shooting tracers and the backstop caught fire.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                        The original poster (Osiris, a.k.a. Luis) is deceased. And I know if I was a mod, I would be able to bring myself to edit any of his posts.

Also, Eagle apparently had a pretty decent fire yesterday. Apparently, someone was shooting tracers and the backstop caught fire.
                        I just added it, I think Luis would want his work to live on and be relevant so it should be kept updated IMO.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Fair enough. I hadn't considered that aspect. :thumbsup:
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

no kidding? i took my renewal there and it was a first class joint!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Is there some fucking jackass just going around to all the gun ranges shooting tracers and burning them down?
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                no kidding? i took my renewal there and it was a first class joint!

god bless.
                                Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                Is there some fucking jackass just going around to all the gun ranges shooting tracers and burning them down?
                                Bunch of idiots that don't know any better, don't care, or are just malicious...

This was posted on "DFW Scanner" yesterday:
                                Structure Fire (Lewisviille) 400 Block of Valley Ridge Blvd - LFD units responding for a fire at Eagle Gun Range. A tracer round was shot into the backstop at the gun range and caught fire. E162 responding to the rear of the building to check behind the backstop and stand by with a hoseline. 2nd Engine taking the hydrant in front. Truck 167 going in the front to assist with checking for fire extension.

Comment

Working...
                                X