My new daily!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new daily!

So I snagged this from a dealer who was warehousing this for the last 15 years or more in climate controlled spaces. Tired were date coded 1991. 3 row vinyl seats in like new condition.

I'll be the second owner on the title and it has 55k original miles. front and rear a/c blows cold, transfer case works great....no oil leaks except for steering stabilizer. CLEAN as hell! Has a big dent on the right rear C pilar but not a huge deal. Original paint and headed to detailing soon. Whitewalls are gone and already installed BFG Mud KD2's in the factory size. Given it a once over and everything is in great shape, even the insulation on all the wires under the hood are soft. I stole this truck. Doing several little maintenance issues to make a decent daily driver. I'm stoked and people compliment on it wherever I go!

Thats one hell of a ride for a d/d. Congrats on the find and purchase.

Comment

I dig it. My dad had a 79 3/4 ton that I learned to drive in.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I dig it. My dad had a 79 3/4 ton that I learned to drive in.
        It's an 87' with a TBI 350.

This is why I was asking about LS takeouts the other day. A buddy has a pretty serious 400 which needs rebuilding but I could top it with a DFI or similar aftermarket Multiport EFI setup and have a DAMN nice daily....after I build the 700r4.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          It's an 87' with a TBI 350.

This is why I was asking about LS takeouts the other day. A buddy has a pretty serious 400 which needs rebuilding but I could top it with a DFI or similar aftermarket Multiport EFI setup and have a DAMN nice daily....after I build the 700r4.
          WTF is wrong with you? I drove a 350 TBI Blazer for 180k with zero issues except a TBI gasket leak at 130k. Took about 10 minutes to fix that. I was not gentle on it either with 35x14x15 TSL's on it. That combo in that truck was very reliable and cheap to fix. Oh yeah I did have to rebuild the tranny at 120k or so also but still. My parents had two of those when I was growing up over the years. Both lifted and locked. One Dark blue and one dark blue, with the light blue combo. My uncle had the 6.2 POS version of the 3/4 ton. He loved fixing that thing. Great trucks though.

Oh and I hate you! That's a sweet ride.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

That is bad ass! Lmao at finding a low mileage 'burb and already thinking of doing a motor swap.

Comment

That's clean as fuck. Growing up my dad had a 3/4 ton 454. That we had for a long time. I Learned to drive with that truck.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

My grandpa has a 77 or 79. He did the dual wheel kit on it. Started a love affair with dark brown/gold chevy's for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  WTF is wrong with you? I drove a 350 TBI Blazer for 180k with zero issues except a TBI gasket leak at 130k. Took about 10 minutes to fix that. I was not gentle on it either with 35x14x15 TSL's on it. That combo in that truck was very reliable and cheap to fix. Oh yeah I did have to rebuild the tranny at 120k or so also but still. My parents had two of those when I was growing up over the years. Both lifted and locked. One Dark blue and one dark blue, with the light blue combo. My uncle had the 6.2 POS version of the 3/4 ton. He loved fixing that thing. Great trucks though.

Oh and I hate you! That's a sweet ride.
                  man, we had those 350 TBI Suburbans, Blazers/etc. back in the day... while they were adequate at the time, it's damn near 2015 and modern 6cy offerings are running circles around that old dinosaur.

I'd probably just leave it OG because I'm fucking cheap and lazy, but an LS swap would bring that thing up to code for sure
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Not a fan of that color, but I've got a serious addiction to this body style truck/burban/blazer.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

When does the humongous wing go on?

Very nice. Reminds me of rides growing up as well.
                      WRX

Comment

Holy crap I'm jealous. That thing is amazing.

Comment

Love that. Wish I could find one that nice.

Comment

I'd roll the shit out of that, nice truck.

Comment

nice find!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X