In too deep M715 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In too deep M715 project

Sooo I am a sucker for a good deal. My new project and holy crap is it a monster. My buddy, the enabler, has a built YJ, 302 on 44's and he was not happy I sold my Jeep after I guilted him into fixing his back up. So we drove south today and I picked this up.

ZZ454, Edelbrock FI and a full serpentine set up with all accessories (Never started) 600 HP and 600 TQ, my buddy has a nice Rotrex super charger set up but I think I have more than enough power.
    NV4500 (1995 GM, divorced)
    NP205
    Rockwells , started disc brakes and two Ouverson lockers
    20 in Starzworks double bead locks and 46 in Michelins. Holy shit they are heavy.
    Full AGR box and hydraulic assist

Good news is if I find it to be too much of a asswhoopin I can part it out and get my money back. If I build it right and get tired of it they bring stupid money at the auctions. I really have always wanted one of these built right to put around in. We will see. Good thing is my partner in crime has a full shop and is a hell of a fabricator with lifts and hoists. Right now I need to sell some extra parts and get the funding to finish it. Tons of parts for it including a 454 manifold, extra 205, extra Rock pumpkin, NOS wiring harness for the 24 Volt. I think I almost have every single part to finish it in boxes with many upgrades. Guy had at least 20k or more in it but took a job in Alaska and had to go by Thursday.

Luckily it will move over a few feet in the morning.
    Whos your Daddy?

YES!

That looks like a lot of fun. Jeep plus $10k?

Comment

Example of a finished one?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        YES!

That looks like a lot of fun. Jeep plus $10k?
        Honestly no.

I got 10 giant totes with almost everything to finish it. Wiring harness, glass, paint, all new autometer gauges, new HEI, aluminum radiator and fans, all the front engine accessories, full AGR set up, roll of fuel lines, brake lines, just tons and tons of new stuff.

I need driveshafts, steering shafts, roll cage, shifter, and batteries. Well I am sure there is other stuff.

Tom Lawlers Jeep from the tough truck challenge. HE drove it 80 miles there, won the competition and drove it home.

Last edited by kingjason; 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Any plans to enter TT challenge?

Comment

Awesome.

And I can't see the thread title without 36 ringing in my head.

"I'm in it too deep to get out now, they always told me death was the only way out. It's at night, I can't even rest my head. How will my family take it if I ended up dead?"
            WRX

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
              Any plans to enter TT challenge?
              Probably not, however my buddy assured me I needed all the extra doors and windshield frame if I am to follow him around. He probably does have the nastiest YJ you will ever see that still resembles a Jeep.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I have never really cared for 4x4 because they have always appeared to be done half assed from my point of view. That all changed when I saw the pic in post #4. Now that is the way to do it. What exactly is that thing and where can I find one?
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It's a 67 Kaiser M715 just like the one I drug home. My top is en route and the windshield is in the garage.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Why did the military feel the need for the HUMVEE when they had theses cool ass old trucks laying around?
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                      Why did the military feel the need for the HUMVEE when they had theses cool ass old trucks laying around?
                      Hell I don't know. They made them only a couple of years, and were underpowered and slow as fuck. Plus not really a good transport and the rag top would be hard to up armor. They did make the M725 which was the old ambulances. I have always liked these because the fenders look like they were designed for 46 inch tires. Stock they had 38's on them. Fire departments all over the country use them as field trucks with water tanks in the back.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I always wanted to build one of these.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did a little interior and gauge work the other day. Dropped on my front serpentine set up today.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Comment

is that a license plate gauge panel?
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X