No announcement yet.

Alternatives to Seafoam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mopar Top End Cleaner from the dealerships at $4-$5 a can. Works better than Seafoam!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0Thunder View Post
      Mopar Top End Cleaner from the dealerships at $4-$5 a can. Works better than Seafoam!
      Or you can buy a quart of transmission fluid..

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
        Or you can buy a quart of transmission fluid..
        Similar to Seafoam, Mopar Top End Cleaner can be used in the intake as a combustion chamber cleaner. Its a more potent alternative to Seafoam. Trans fluid does well in a crank case of course.

Comment

I've heard of pouring a cap of ATF down the spark plug hole and it doing great at decarbonizing.

Smoke like a mofo!

Comment

I've heard of pouring a cap of ATF down the spark plug hole and it doing great at decarbonizing.

Smoke like a mofo!
            That's pretty hard on modern catalytic converters.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              That's pretty hard on modern catalytic converters.
              Who needs those?

Comment

I did sea foam in my '98 taurus many years ago and used the main vacuum line for the brake booster. The same way I had done countless other cars. Except somehow (don't ask me how) some of the seafoam must have been sitting in the line or something and got into the brake booster and completely ruined it. I was not happy replacing it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  I did sea foam in my '98 taurus many years ago and used the main vacuum line for the brake booster. The same way I had done countless other cars. Except somehow (don't ask me how) some of the seafoam must have been sitting in the line or something and got into the brake booster and completely ruined it. I was not happy replacing it.
                  Check valve?

Comment

Smoke like a mofo!
                    The good ole flooded RX7 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I don't know if anyone else has tried the STP version of SeaFoam. But it worked just as good as seafoam. I ran half a bottle through the crankcase for 15-20 minutes at idle, and it cleaned it out good. I used the other half through the brake booster and it smoked to say the least.
                      When I purhcased it, it was roughly $8 but was buy one get one free from Vatozone. (its cheaper at walmart ~$6) So I ran half a can in the gas tank from the free one, and the other half through the pcv valve.

I can attest that it was just as good of quality as Seafoam, and from the research I did, the only difference I could find is that it was lacking the alcohol as an ingredient in the STP.

I did all this to a 200k+ mile v6 mustang

Here's a link for the lazy ones.....

Comment

Working...
                      X