Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500rds sk 22lr ammo 48.95

Still available.
    Last edited by cmltoe; 01-25-2014, 10:05 AM.

Terrible deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Terrible deal.
      Very informative. Terrible deal because of price or crappy ammo,.etc?
      sigpic

Comment

Almost $.10 per round without any sort of shipping. It is about 100% overpriced.

Comment

If you watch Cabelas you can find Remington 525 round boxes for $22. I've picked up several lately.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Terrible deal.
            you're shitting me right? Is your opinion based on price per round? Accuracy? Or experiences?

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
            Very informative. Terrible deal because of price or crappy ammo,.etc?
            In my honest opinion, I've compared this to SK standard .22 ...the only thing I could tell, was there was a 13% flyer rate to the can ammo, as opposed to 8% to the SK standard. If youre into getting the most accuracy out of your rounds, the issue with the flyers was easily resolved by separating the rou do by weight and rim sizes.

With that said, if you're looking for everyday plinker ammo, this gets the job done, fires cleaner and is definitely several steps above Remington golden bullet or most bulk pack ammunition.

I will say that for those of you who don't know, SK ammo produces the ammunition for Wolf .22 target match. It's even branded with the SK logo. It is fine shooting stuff for normal local matches...comparable to Eley ammo.

Hope this answers some of your concerns jefehbk,if you were near me, I'd let you compare the ammo for yourself.

Comment

Fuck me that's expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by 01lightning View Post
                you're shitting me right? Is your opinion based on price per round? Accuracy? Or experiences?

In my honest opinion, I've compared this to SK standard .22 ...the only thing I could tell, was there was a 13% flyer rate to the can ammo, as opposed to 8% to the SK standard. If youre into getting the most accuracy out of your rounds, the issue with the flyers was easily resolved by separating the rou do by weight and rim sizes.

With that said, if you're looking for everyday plinker ammo, this gets the job done, fires cleaner and is definitely several steps above Remington golden bullet or most bulk pack ammunition.

I will say that for those of you who don't know, SK ammo produces the ammunition for Wolf .22 target match. It's even branded with the SK logo. It is fine shooting stuff for normal local matches...comparable to Eley ammo.

Hope this answers some of your concerns jefehbk,if you were near me, I'd let you compare the ammo for yourself.

Based on price per round, that's more than double what I would pay for that amount.

Comment

Yep, expensive considering it was $49 for 1000 in this deal last week. http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52722

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Yep, expensive considering it was $49 for 1000 in this deal last week. http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52722
                    If it was the exact same ammo, then yes it's more expensive. I've had good results from sk ammo, it's not for everyone but it's a good alternative to very expensive premium 22lr ammo.

Comment

Gone
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                        That was Winchester m-22, apples to oranges, although Winchester m-22 is good lead ammo, it's not even in the same league as SK for .22lr. Those who don't know....just don't know. With the match .22 SK, I'll group 1/2MOA or better @100 yards with a semi auto. With a bolt action...groups just get better. But again, not everyone is willing to shell out $1500+ on a 22 rifle...just like not everyone I willing to spend $60+ on match 22.

Just my .02

Originally posted by cmltoe View Post
                        If it was the exact same ammo, then yes it's more expensive. I've had good results from sk ammo, it's not for everyone but it's a good alternative to very expensive premium 22lr ammo.
                        I comcur. Simply well put.

Comment

The reason I said it was expensive was that I would bet that 99.9% of people looking for 22lr are looking for plinking rounds, not match grade. I've never had any issue with the win m-22. It's always run very consistent and clean(er) for me. So when I have great results with the M-22, it naturally seems ridiculous to pay double for the other.

Comment

Working...
                          X