Poker players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker players

Anyone play at the "legal" poker room in Plano? Curious if their games have many players. The lack of a rake and a professional setting makes it appealing of some of the sketchy house games I've played...

i didn't know they had legal games.

Comment

Assuming i understand correctly, it's legal because of no rake or tips. You pay some kind of hourly rate to play.

Comment

Yea I go there a couple times a week. Good game, 10 am hour for seat and membership fees

Comment

I've been at choctaw past few days cause of main event but last week they had 11 tables Saturday night

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
            Yea I go there a couple times a week. Good game, 10 am hour for seat and membership fees
            Do you call ahead to see what tables they have available for which games or do you have to just show up and see when you get there?

Is it a strictly cash operation or can you buy in with a credit card?
            2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
            2011 Harley Davidson F150
            2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

I believe it's all cash, I just show up to either play omaha or 2 5 holdem.

Comment

How many tables do they have going on an average night. What's the skill level?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                  What's the skill level?
                  if you need to ask this, you should probably save your money...

Comment

the smallest tables i assume are 2-5 no limit?
                    5 or 8 player tables?
                    and whats the average pot sizes?
                    membership fees?

8 player poker tables are a real bitch to limp in the flop and you gotta play allot hands vs. 5 players

Comment

Thats sort of what I expected. Ive played a lot of poker in the past but it has been private games and not Texas Hold 'em. So I am wondering how it works.

From some of the other questions, from their webpage: minimum players per table is 5. The tables in the pictures on the webpage look like around 10 players max would fit.

Its $5 per day or $40 per month membership and $10/hour seat rental charged on a per minute basis.

As a newbie to Texas hold 'em I am interested in the $4/$8 Limited hold'em option and I don't know how popular that is or when or how often such a table is available.
                      2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition
                      2011 Harley Davidson F150
                      2003 Harley Davidson Road King 100th Anniversary Edition

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        if you need to ask this, you should probably save your money...
                        I do fine at winstar with average players like myself. I'm more curious if this place is on par with that or if it's a lot of the undergound players that play every night. I stick to the lower 1-2 games though.

Comment

Working...
                        X