No announcement yet.

New Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your in DFW so I M not too concerned to tell you this, competition is tough out there.

My wife and I just started a RV rental business on the side. We have 7k NET to us sales on the books within the first month! It is taking a lot of phone calls and meeting people to show the units. We have 2 part time employees and we are 100% hands off. Digital contracts, online payments. It was something simple we could start without each of us giving up our careers.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
      Your in DFW so I M not too concerned to tell you this, competition is tough out there.

My wife and I just started a RV rental business on the side. We have 7k NET to us sales on the books within the first month! It is taking a lot of phone calls and meeting people to show the units. We have 2 part time employees and we are 100% hands off. Digital contracts, online payments. It was something simple we could start without each of us giving up our careers.
      That's badass. I've heard a similar story to this but had no clue how hands off you could be.

We've rented before and I can imagine 1 good month of rentals basically pays the finances cost of the RV for a year. I think we paid like $700 for a 5 day trailer to take to COTA.

Comment

Silverback nailed it as far as a CBD place goes. My family owns a CBD/medical dispensary in Oklahoma and they said they made their investment back pretty quick.
        (Not sure how much that was)

They're popping up everywhere around here so I wonder how saturated the market is. I'd bet it would be a good business to be in *IF* you can survive until legalization, however long that may be.
        Justin

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          CBD/Vape shop that is built with legalized Marijuana in mind, i.e. built like dispensaries are in legalized areas, so that if it becomes legal in TX it's a simple license application and conversion.
          Exactly what my buddy is doing right now. He is opening three stores. Doesn't give two shits about the CBD money, he is banking on the chance dispensaries become legal in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            That's badass. I've heard a similar story to this but had no clue how hands off you could be.

We've rented before and I can imagine 1 good month of rentals basically pays the finances cost of the RV for a year. I think we paid like $700 for a 5 day trailer to take to COTA.
            legitimate commercial insurance is expensive, there are more expenses than you would think. Makes us some more already so can not wait till the busy season! Between the notes, insurance, storage, advertising, 2 part time employees, web page work, routine maintenance, tires, monthly subscription fees, etc we should net around 47% of the actual income, but we are completely hands off---ish. Working toward that anyway. We have 5 units already.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post

That's pretty cool. I haven't heard of this as an idea before.

Comment

Working...
              X