Oil Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Stock

What say you guys on oil Stock right now? Has it bottomed out? OPEC gunna revive the truce between SA and Russia? I'm thinking of going with Exxon Mobile or Chevron as a long play but I'm wondering if it's time or I should still wait a bit. WIT is another one I like but no dividends.

On a side note I'm thinking about Ford as well and possibly something in the REIT sector. I'm still pretty young in big picture of things but I've always liked dividend stock but with the current climate of dividend/growth opportunity it would be nice to do something that can pay off big.

I bought a bunch of XOM at just above $30 per share. My intent is to hold on to it for the long run. My other big winner was Cigna.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Ive bought PAA, ET, and TRGP in the past couple weeks. Also picked up some Royal Caribbean.

Comment

The best buys our there right now are the major hotel REIT preferred equity shares IMO. I've already created my own severance the last 3 weeks with those bastards.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          The best buys our there right now are the major hotel REIT preferred equity shares IMO. I've already created my own severance the last 3 weeks with those bastards.
          I love REITs. If this ends up being similar to 08-09 then REIT will triple within 2-3 years. I want to find something I can invest now, not touch and in 20 years be thankful for. I'm luckily in a position where I've got a good amount of liquid cash right now and some more on the way in addition to having a full pension when I turn 53. So anything I invest in now is just putting a cherry on top.

Comment

A funny thing about gasoline prices. The price usually
            hoovers at about $.10, yes one dime! That is if it is
            a silver dime.

Just a little tidbit from an old "silver bug".
            I one paid $600 face for a new 360 Duster..

Comment

You can pick up CHK on the cheap. What like .16/share right now? There's lots of bargains right now in Energy, and it looks to be the bottom or close to. I live this every day unfortunately lol.

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                A funny thing about gasoline prices. The price usually
                hoovers at about $.10, yes one dime! That is if it is
                a silver dime.

Just a little tidbit from an old "silver bug".
                I one paid $600 face for a new 360 Duster..

More words please... what are you actually trying to say here? First read sounds like something Joe Biden would say during a speech.

Comment

It is hard to convey how much risk there is right now in oil companies. The short term play is that the Saudis and Russians come to a meaningful production cut soon, instead of that bullshit one they made today. The long term play is that the west Texas supply starts tapering off soon.

In any event, I'd pay close attention to the debt of any company that you acquire. The fortress balance sheets that are out there are geared toward surviving these downturns, others with lots of debt are not.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

What company out there in oil exploration it drilling doesn't have a metric fuck ton of debt?

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                      What company out there in oil exploration it drilling doesn't have a metric fuck ton of debt?
                      I can tell you a NG Company that doesn't. COG.

Comment

During the 1960's gas wars would sometimes get gasoline
                        down around $.10- $.25 (sometimes the blue stuff 103 octane).
                        The silver dime reference. Silver price was less than the cost of the
                        dime too.

By the 70's inflation from the FKN Viet Nam war prices and the
                        Hunt brothers started working on silver. One could still buy
                        $1 silver certificates (dollar bills) sometimes for face or a very small
                        premium. Turn them in at the fed banks and collect at last
                        count IIRC $1.86 not a bad haul!

When gasoline and oil prices were held artificially high in the 2000's
                        silver fell as well as gold. 1/10 oz US gold was around $25-$28ish.

We now are back to par as of close today asilver dime was worth $1.12
                        ans gasoline at $.75 + $.40 tax is......

Does this help?

Comment

Haiku?

Comment

I am holding OXY, although not a bunch. I have been trading in/out of it for the last 2 weeks. Oil will take off after Putin’s April 22 referendum vote. He wants his people to seem like he controls the world until that is over. Then he can save face and step back once the vote is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              You can pick up CHK on the cheap. What like .16/share right now? There's lots of bargains right now in Energy, and it looks to be the bottom or close to. I live this every day unfortunately lol.
                              I think they are on the brink of collapse I read. Not saying they can't get out but even if they do survive this short term drop I don't know that they can hang around long.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              It is hard to convey how much risk there is right now in oil companies. The short term play is that the Saudis and Russians come to a meaningful production cut soon, instead of that bullshit one they made today. The long term play is that the west Texas supply starts tapering off soon.

In any event, I'd pay close attention to the debt of any company that you acquire. The fortress balance sheets that are out there are geared toward surviving these downturns, others with lots of debt are not.
                              Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                              I am holding OXY, although not a bunch. I have been trading in/out of it for the last 2 weeks. Oil will take off after Putin’s April 22 referendum vote. He wants his people to seem like he controls the world until that is over. Then he can save face and step back once the vote is done.
                              I like the idea of buying WTI on the cheap right now too but they have a lot of debt. They could be a good one just to hold onto for a month or so though.

Comment

Working...
                              X