Coronavirus Stimulus Package Money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Some of the most recognizable companies in this country had so little operating cash that they might go the way of Blockbuster by the end of the year. Operating on so thin of a margin that a month of troubles torpedos the entire business is the very definition of a false economy. It isn't rocket surgery.
    Look to Logan's steakhouse

It's that way for so many companies it's hilarious. Bring in 100m a qtr and one month breaks you.

You weren't making money, you were robbing Peter

Period.

Same with all that oil

Comment

Some of the most recognizable companies in this country had so little operating cash that they might go the way of Blockbuster by the end of the year. Operating on so thin of a margin that a month of troubles torpedos the entire business is the very definition of a false economy. It isn't rocket surgery.
      Which companies? No income for a month would pretty much torpedo any company. I don't know of any Economy that would have a business sustain that.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post

It's that way for so many companies it's hilarious. Bring in 100m a qtr and one month breaks you.

You weren't making money, you were robbing Peter

Period.

Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Its bizarre. Republicans are billed as only making the rich richer...but these checks don't even cover upper middle class.

I didnt get a stimulus from a republican...but I did get $8K from Obama to buy a house 10 years ago!
          That raised to purchase price of your house by 8k.

The economy that took all of two weeks to completely collapse? That wonderful false economy? Whose American Dream is he rebuilding? It certainly isn't mine, but I'm also not afraid of brown people. Maybe the one where the Statue of Liberty wears boots and goosesteps to authoritarianism?
          The economy was ordered closed, there was no false economy.

I stick my dick in brown women and am not afraid of them despite being a Trump voter.

The Statue of Liberty is just a statue and we are all bigots for assuming its gender.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            Which companies? No income for a month would pretty much torpedo any company. I don't know of any Economy that would have a business sustain that.

Small businesses, sure, perhaps. I'm talking companies that you can't cross a county line without driving past a beige box with their name on the exterior. Companies that rake in billions a year. Poof. One month. You know which companies. If you really don't then you're in the wrong conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              The economy was ordered closed, there was no false economy.

You don't get to choose what you want something to mean.

Comment

Small businesses, sure, perhaps. I'm talking companies that you can't cross a county line without driving past a beige box with their name on the exterior. Companies that rake in billions a year. Poof. One month. You know which companies. If you really don't then you're in the wrong conversation.
                Well I'm all about supporting small local businesses so my point was more geared towards the Economic environment created for them that has made them flourish. Now they have all but gone under or may if not for this stimulus bill. I really don't feel much for a lot of these bigger businesses, i guess that's where we've crossed our wires

Comment

Free easy money is never what it seems, it costs others more most of the time.

Comment

And I agree with you, but what is the alternative in this scenario?

Comment

Are you captain crawfishes twin brother?

Comment

This is how we found out who has been lying about their cowskins.
                        Almost as entertaining as people quasi bragging about making too much money for the bailout!

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                          Almost as entertaining as people quasi bragging about making too much money for the bailout!
                          I'm not quasi anything. Im flat out telling you poor folk that you better spend my money well. I want to see you stimulate the hell out of the economy with my hard earned dollars. TVs, Rims, Cell phones...whatever you common folk blow money on.

Comment

I'm not quasi anything. Im flat out telling you poor folk that you better spend my money well. I want to see you stimulate the hell out of the economy with my hard earned dollars. TVs, Rims, Cell phones...whatever you common folk blow money on.
                            Pshhh. Don't act like sucking dick is hard for you

Comment

Where did you hear this? Sound like the same dumb shit everyone keeps spewing about having to repay the check.
                              That's word round the god damn campfire!

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                                How is this going to be taxed/recovered by gov on next year's return? I've heard they will just lower the deduction amount you can claim.
                                The tax tables will be altered to make up for it. Of course it won't take into account for people that will be making more money through natural career progression and end up in higher brackets. They'll still be interviewed on MSNBC and CNN bitching about global warming and how they can't afford their vegan milkshakes thanks to orange man bad and the turtle from Kentucky raising their taxes.

So what's going to be really fun is this time next year when everyone getting their $1100+ a week unemployment checks realizes that income is taxable. Hopefully they'll actually riot and burn down the IRS.

Comment

Working...
                                X