Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broken bolt, broken drill bit - machine shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken bolt, broken drill bit - machine shop?

I broke a bolt for my valve covers off. I tried to get it out with a revers drill bit. That is broken off too now. It is a mess... I have the head off now. GT 40 if it matters.

Any recommendations for a machine shop in Mansfield/S Arlington to fix this. How much should I expect to pay?

Please excuse typos. Fat fingers on a small iPhone.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
    I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Take it to Eddie at Arlington Machine Shop, but don't expect to wait on it. He's busy because he's good. 817-261-9022

Comment

Carbide burr.....
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
        Take it to Eddie at Arlington Machine Shop, but don't expect to wait on it. He's busy because he's good. 817-261-9022
        Thanks for the recomendation I called Arlington Machine Shop an was told they couldn't remove the broken off bit-they said they needed a special tool that they didn't have.

I took to Google and phone calls.
        The head is at Wells Cylinder Head in Midlothian- I don't know anything about them except they said on the phone they could do it.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
        I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

is it a stock head? if so id check with a1 off of cooper on blue danue in arlington he might have one

Comment

Post a picture, or PM me one - I might be able to take care of it.

Comment

next time weld to it and fish it out w/ some pliers
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
              X