Samsung TV issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung TV issue

so our 52 inch would not turn on a couple of days ago, so i did some digging on the web and found that there was a class action suit against Samsung for capacitors. well my model is one of them and they are coming out next week to fix it. basically what i gathered is a 10v cap was used vs. a 12v and everytime you try to turn on the tv the 10v is at its max, thus causing premature failure of the cap. as of now the tv just make a click every time you try to power on but the screen does nothing. if you can get it to cut on it works fine. if you have the same issue just call the # thats on this site and they will schedule a repairman to come and fix it. i am responsible for unmounting the tv from the wall. im almost positive i will drop and shatter the tv after he replaces the cap and in the end be left with a still broken tv.

Discover the latest in electronic & smart appliance technology with Samsung. Find the next big thing from smartphones & tablets to laptops & tvs & more.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

GOD DAMNIT! I got a samsung plasma from someone awhile back that i planned to repair, never got around to it and just chunked it a couple months ago. It's one of the models listed.
    Fucks.
    sigpic

Comment

Nope, don't touch it. Let them be responsible for un-mounting it and re-mounting it after their repairs. Hopefully they drop that bitch and have to replace it with a brand new model.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah, our Samsung has the same issue and we saw that info on the web but haven't called the number yet. Let us know how it worked out.

Comment

Idk if you guys remember that 65 inch Mitsubishi dlp that was for sale for cheap. Well , I bought one and a few months later, some chip burnt out and they said it would cost me $250 to replace plus labor. I told the lady "I'm not gonna pay that!" She puts me on hold for about 2min then asks for my address so they can ship me one free of charge. Apparently those chips go out on those TVs pretty frequently. I read on the internets that if you call and disagree with the price, your likely to get a free one.......I just thought I'd share
          .....bro....

Comment

Chances are the guy will be by himself and refuse to make the repair if it is still hanging on the when he arrives. They are not LCD/home theater installers. They are repair technicians. I'd take it down if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Nope, don't touch it. Let them be responsible for un-mounting it and re-mounting it after their repairs. Hopefully they drop that bitch and have to replace it with a brand new model.
              Wrong. The customer is responsible from dis-mounting/re-mounting the TV.
              It removes the liability from the service technician/manufacturer.

Now, with that being said, when I was repairing TVs I would generally assist a customer if I felt they were competent enough to handle their side since I know I could handle mine.

EDIT: and the fix on those Samsungs is pretty quick/easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                if you can get it to cut on it works fine.

god bless.
                Somebody cut the lights on in this mah fucka!

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Wrong. The customer is responsible from dis-mounting/re-mounting the TV.
                  It removes the liability from the service technician/manufacturer.

Now, with that being said, when I was repairing TVs I would generally assist a customer if I felt they were competent enough to handle their side since I know I could handle mine.

EDIT: and the fix on those Samsungs is pretty quick/easy to do.
                  Unless they tell me something at the time they schedule the repair, im not doing it. They sell the TV so it can be a table top or mounted to a wall. If I mount it and it breaks, why should I have to remove it to fix their broken TV.

Thats like buying a car and the fuel pump goes out in tank and they want you to remove the gas, fuck that.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Taking the TV down and putting it back up is a breeze, and should take you all of about 10 seconds. Don't be a sissy!

Comment

If you need a man to come over and help you remove your TV from the mount, I'd be glad to help a damsel in distress.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Unless they tell me something at the time they schedule the repair, im not doing it. They sell the TV so it can be a table top or mounted to a wall. If I mount it and it breaks, why should I have to remove it to fix their broken TV.

Thats like buying a car and the fuel pump goes out in tank and they want you to remove the gas, fuck that.

The tech should tell you at the time of scheduling that you are responsible for having the TV in a serviceable position. Hanging on the wall is not a serviceable position.

The manufacturer didn't mount it on the wall, they give you the option to mount it if you see feel like it. It's not mandatory. Gasoline is mandatory to be able to use the car.

Comment

Mines on the list, Jluv that probably means yours are too.

Comment

I'm almost positive my plasma is one of the models listed. I've never had any issues with it though. I'm sure when I get home it won't turn on.

Comment

& thanks for the heads up, Paul.

Comment

Working...
                              X