Holiday Cake Bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Cake Bites

It is getting close to that time of year. All of the other retail spots are rolling out their pumpkin flavors. I guess it is time that I do the same! I am planning a run of pumpkin spice cake bites that will be ready October 7th. As of right now, that is the only flavor available for this run. I am in Greenville, like last year, I need a group order to justify delivery into the D/FW area. My minimum total to make a run is $75. We will all need to agree on a day to meet, or someone will need to offer a pick up point (I will drop them off with you and members can pick up from there, you will be offered a discounted rate for your order).

The format this year is $5 for a box of 4. All orders must be placed in this thread! No Pm's unless you are confirming your order. This thread will serve as the ordering point throughout the rest of the year. I will update it for each new run of sweets.

Flavors for this run:

French vanilla
    Triple chocolate
    Pumpkin spice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by black2002ls; 09-27-2013, 10:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Am I still good on my order for the 13th?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
      Am I still good on my order for the 13th?
      Yessir. I am ordering chocolate this week. I have a wedding cake to deliver Saturday the 11th in NRH so we can work pick up around that!

Comment

Sounds good, I'll let her now about the pumpkin spice, she might want some of those too if they are available.

Comment

The new packaging arrived today!

Comment

Did you happen to see the "Shark Tank" this week? There were a couple of guys on there that have a cake bite business here in the Dallas area and Mark Cuban invested in them.

Not you was it? Made me think of you when I saw it.

Comment

Haha. I wish. I didn't see that episode! There is a pretty well known operation in DF/W, sounds like they are about to step that up. I have thought ever since I started this, that if you could set up the production procedures and develop the packaging, they would FLY off of the supermarket shelves. Put them in the face of the public and watch the sales stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Haha. I wish. I didn't see that episode! There is a pretty well known operation in DF/W, sounds like they are about to step that up. I have thought ever since I started this, that if you could set up the production procedures and develop the packaging, they would FLY off of the supermarket shelves. Put them in the face of the public and watch the sales stack up.
                These guys hadn't been around too long, but apparently were able to get into 7/11's, which is like 95% of their sales. They were also super cheap, like $1.99 - $2.49 retail for 4. Supposedly they were good (according to the "sharks" that tasted them).

Comment

Was it sweet balls or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                    Was it sweet balls or something like that?
                    Maybe. I already deleted it off my DVR. "Something" ballz.. Yeah.

Edit: Yeah, Sweet Ballz..

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
                      maybe. I already deleted it off my dvr. "something" ballz.. Yeah.
                      qotd!

Comment

I expected nsfw confections....

Comment

I just watched it. 700K in sales in 90 days, turning 95K in profit. FML

I wish I could scratch together the capital to set up an FDA certified kitchen, I would be selling these things via the interwebz

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            I just watched it. 700K in sales in 90 days, turning 95K in profit. FML
                            Sorry man, didn't mean to kill your motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              Sorry man, didn't mean to kill your motivation.
                              Haha. If anything, it motivates me more! Granted I don't work out of a commercial kitchen, so I don't have the distribution opportunities. It shows me that there is a market out there to support a good amount of business, I just have to manage to tap into it.

I haven't found the key to facebook marketing yet. I can't seem to get the people who buy these things from me to tell their friends. #tweetthesweetsMFers! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X